Optimizing Current Setup, PLEASE HELP

So recently decided to invest into a new PC. A friend of mine and myself got together and i laid down a budget and committed to the purchase.

Anyways here is my setup:

MB: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Series 7 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA115), Intel Z77 Express, 1866MHz DDR3, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, Thermal Armor

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GBx2 1600MHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DD Black Edition

Power Supply: Cooler Master 850W 80 Gold+ 100% Modular

Less Valuable info on setup:

Case: Corsair 600T Graphite Series White

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 w/ a 4 fan Push/Pull Configuration

SSD: 120GB Patriot Pyro SSD x2

HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200rpm HDD

Windows 7 64 bit Professional

So my question is, I have basic knowledge of computer design and function, no expert by any means. I would like to push both my CPU and GPU at little harder for games like BF3 COD: BO2 and FFXIV: ARR(no current benchmark available at this time). So I am asking what i should be looking into doing for overclocking and best optimizing the setup i have now for current and future games. I currently only have the listed games on my SSD as well as my OS, all other programs and data stored on my HDD. I would like to push my system, but not the the point where it will wear itself out in a year or so. Any help would be great, and i appreciate any opinions where you think i could improve my current setup. Thank you for your time.

I will try to respond back to any questions in a reasonable amount of time.

Pb-
2 answers Last reply
More about optimizing current setup help
  1. with that beastly rig, there's no present need for any overclocking...
    Your rig can punch potholes in all of the games u mentioned...
    So don't worry...
    Lets see whether your rig would need an overclock when crysis 3 and gta 5 come out...
    But there's time and enjoy the beastly ravaging power of your system...
    Best of luck
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games