NEED good sound card and video card for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
:) I am seeking a good sound card and video card for games and playing videos and movies. I play games like Halo 4, and tour of duty, blacktops. and also play HD adult movies and playboy vidoes with 1080 p. I have Dell XPS 8500 computer

3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770 processor 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7770
Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio 4

Do I need a better sound card other than the built in one Dell comes with. Like SoundBlaster X-fi audio extreme. or X-fi audio titanium ?

and is Radeon HD 7770 a good graphics card ? :)

Solution
hd 7770 is an ok gfx card it will do medium-high settings on most any game and max most older 1s at 1920/1080 giving 60 fps.

as for the sound.
a basic audioligy 2 is a good basic sound card that will give just a little more umf. but will be a lot clearer due to better shielding
asus xonar d2 is a great card for the money and hard to beat at any price point unless you spend a rediculous amount of money.
i have a basic xfi sound balster and its perfectly adequate. gives true 5.1 and with games that use spacial audio like bf3 and cod you can tell if sum1 is creeping up on you being or behind to the left or right and so on.
again any of these will give less audio interference form the motherboard as they are separate and shielded.
hd 7770 is an ok gfx card it will do medium-high settings on most any game and max most older 1s at 1920/1080 giving 60 fps.

as for the sound.
a basic audioligy 2 is a good basic sound card that will give just a little more umf. but will be a lot clearer due to better shielding
asus xonar d2 is a great card for the money and hard to beat at any price point unless you spend a rediculous amount of money.
i have a basic xfi sound balster and its perfectly adequate. gives true 5.1 and with games that use spacial audio like bf3 and cod you can tell if sum1 is creeping up on you being or behind to the left or right and so on.
again any of these will give less audio interference form the motherboard as they are separate and shielded.

Solution

fedace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008

So you think buying the SoundBlaster X-fi audio titanium HD isn't worth paying $160 for ? and how much are those sound cards you mentioned ? like anus xonar d2 ?

and for playing HD video 1080 like playboy videos, is the current card I have adequate ?

fedace

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008

I always thought Halo 4 or Tour of duty was pretty graphics intensive ? if you don't think so, what would you consider as graphics intensive ? Not sure of too many other games that is more graphics intensive

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I think your CPU is kind of overkill,you would do fine with a i5-3570 or even lower.
The sound card comes down to preference.The on-board sound cards are very good and for me it is not worth it to pay for an extra card when you could be using the money for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.