ThermalTake AquariusII Liquid Cooling

ajcross

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003
I'm looking for opinions on the AquariusII Liquid Cooling kit from Thermaltake. Does it seem like a better way to go than the other water cooling systems, I'm really interested in it because it was designed for the XaserII case which is almost identical to the Antec PLUS1080 case which is what I have. Thanks for your opinions!!!

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
the thermaltake case is an antec case (which is actually made by chieftec), but simply modified. the aquarisu II is a garbage water cooling system - the radiator is too small, AND its blowing into the case, the water pump is only 90L/hour (which is pretty low)... all this adds up to say that you won't get very much better temperatures with this kit than you would with good air cooling... if you're looking for a complete kit, go for one of the swiftech or Koolance solutions, they're great kits at prices well worth the difference (between them and the thermaltake). Just look at their heat dissipated wats compared to rise above ambient temperature table, and you'll see that at 60W you hit 20*C above ambient, nothing special there. On top of it, if you go for a swiftech or koolance, you can add a TEC or Pelletier into the equation, as well as a graphics card cooler and a Northbridge cooler (if you OC a lot), and get your temps pretty damn low.
Besides, unless you're overclocking, you can get the same (if not better) noise levels off of good Pabst/Panaflo fans and a nice solid heatsink (SLK-800/Slk-9000, Swiftech MCKX462, Alpha PAL8045) and keep your temperatures at optimal levels.

<b>Remember, being two-faced is like having two lives with just one set of taxes.</b>

svol

Champion
Don't forget the Innovatek watercooling kits too... they rock.
As for Koolance and peltiers... I dunno but the tubes of their kits seem far to small to support the higher waterflow needed. Swiftech and peltiers should work perfect.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: