Ducting Mod for Volcano Fans

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
usually when using a fan duct like that it is to gather more air from an intake vent, or to reduce air turbulence because of a side-mounted intake fan, but in the application they depict, my opinion is GARBAGE, its a waste of money. It doesn't reduce air pressure... its the same fan, blowing the same amount of air, therefore no noise drop, but probably an increase (!) because of the passage of the air through the duct. besides, if you really want one, go to your local hardware shop and get an 80mm wide PVC plumbing pipe and mod-away

<b>Remember, being two-faced is like having two lives with just one set of taxes.</b>

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
They put fins on chevies and told people it made the car go faster and people bought them... even though common sense would tell you the added weight would slow it down.

All that fancy plumbing isn't going to make your computer go any faster, cooler or quieter. It's just a way of separating you from your money.

<b>(</b>It ain't better if it don't work.<b>)</b>

svol

Champion
Well it might put some more air in the center of the heatsink... but a very well design isn't it. A straight PVC pipe with a cone on the back of your fan will probably work much better.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: