Netgear vs. D-link

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 1:14:30 AM

In low cost firewalls, which do you prefer between the two and why?

More about : netgear link

May 15, 2004 1:14:31 AM

It all depends on your needs and expectations. Wireless or wired and the
level of functionality and security. I haven't any experience with D-link
but I have owned Netgear and it fairs well in the consumer class bracket. I
personally use a certified firewall that targets SOHO type application. If
you require a robust firewall then look into Zyxel, Sonicwall or Cisco
products. In the end it depends on how much your willing to spend and as
the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
"Rolando" <aokword2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In low cost firewalls, which do you prefer between the two and why?

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 2:08:01 PM

I own a D-Link with wireless and four port hub built in. Seems to do
fine, but I would pay the extra money to go more robust or put a
machine in place to act as a gateway with a software firewall on it.

I agree with Daniel. It all depends on what you wish to pay.
Personally I would pay more to get one that is more configurable.
Otherwise you can run dual firewalls. The main one, and then a
secondary on your system (software).

Well that is my opinion.

Thanks
D.