Witcher 2 crashing

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

Recently started Witcher 2, for some reason it will randomly just kick me out to my desktop, no error message, no warning, no real pattern, it just randomly does it. Any suggestions on how to get it to stop doing that? Thanks,

You should fully patch it to the latest version. To be honest, how good is the internet where you can access it? You could just download the whole patched game from Gog.com (the official distributor, you can register your CD key there and they will let you download the game then).

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
That could work, I'll probably download the patch, install it and see if I still have the crashing issue. If so then I'll try just downloading the whole patched game. Thanks so much,

meistershank

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
If you don't have the version that is already the extended edition, there are some known problems of it crashing while updating and I had a lot of problems with this on my laptop. I decided not to upgrade and disabled my WIFI from the internet and ran into similar problems. I had to disable my internet security while downloading the patch and applying it to get it to work, and after I had the game updated, it no longer crashed. Don't know if you're having the same problem that I had, but the update may do it for you.