AT to ATX Conversion

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Hey folks!

Got this really nice old AT Tower with a real steel (chromed) frame. Very stable I use it as a stool when I smoke on our balcony. I've been thinking, there's these AT/ATX adapters that come with some Towers and Mobos when you buy them. Is it possible to convert the AT into ATX w/out a major modification of the mounting holes and what not?

Suggestions would be appreciated and I still don't see a MODDING FORUM here. :frown:

Thanks,
<font color=blue><b>VAGABOND</b></font color=blue>

<b><font color=blue>veni,vidi, and ended up in THGC<font color=blue></b>

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thanks for answering svol.

I want to MOD the case. The buttons aren't that important. My worry is getting the backside to fit. The switches are easy to modify.

G

When you bolt it to the chassis the connectors on the motherboard will need to line up w/ the holes on the case.

It might not be too bad if you are a machinist, or the case was already intended for that.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
That's just it, it doesn't have the adapter plate. Will an ATX board line up with an AT board? If this is the case, I'll cut the back end out and put in an ATX adapter plate.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
No, it's probably not worth the effort but I want to see if I can do it.

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thanks! I will...

<font color=blue>VAGABOND</font color=blue>

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
the holes don't line up as far as i know
check out a friend's case or something to make sure i guess
i was just looking at a guy's old pentium pro AT setup, MAN those mobos were huge

--------------
I LOVE DANGER DEN WATERCOOLING, they went out of their way to both personalize my kit and change my order when i needed to, i had to change my sig to give them props

G

Sorry, that's about all I'm good for. It sounds reasonable though.