Windows 7 available at midnight???

Santimun

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Similar to how other anticipated software is usually available midnight the day of release, does anyone know if MS will be allowing customers who have opted to download Windows7 (as opposed to having a disk shipped to them) will be able to download on midnight, October 22nd??

I would hope so for two reasons, 1) people downloading at midnight wont have to deal with any sort of server overload issues from all the downloads during regular hours of the day and 2) all other highly anticipated titles (halo3, gears2, Fallout3, etc) have midnight releases so why not Windows 7?

Solution
My guess is that they will have it ready to download somewhere around midnight. I'm not sure though if they would make it available for download on a per time zone basis or have it available at midnight pacific time (i.e. Redmond time). Hopefully they'll have the e-mails out and about by midnight in some form.
My guess is that they will have it ready to download somewhere around midnight. I'm not sure though if they would make it available for download on a per time zone basis or have it available at midnight pacific time (i.e. Redmond time). Hopefully they'll have the e-mails out and about by midnight in some form.

Solution

Santimun

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Im surprised by the lack of info on this as well as the demand from people not wanting to know if they can download their Windows 7 tonight and have it ready by tomorrow morning!

Surely I'm not the only person who would like to know if we'll be able to download Windows 7 tonight at midnight.

Santimun

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
My email from DigitalRiver came in just now! I'll wake up tomorrow morning with Windows 7 and not have to worry about fighting for bandwidth with everyone else tomorrow!!

lumpoco

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I bought Windows 7 from Amazon and they had a special promotion. I will get my copy of Windows 7 delivered by Oct 22, 2009. Assuming the standard 3 day free shipping they must have sent it out Monday.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
64 bit W7 professional have exactly 3GB iso.
I did install them from USB flashdisk (only problem i had was making usb stick with active partition) in under 13 minutes.
I am using 128GB patriot torx SSD (260/180MB/s R/W) with 8GB ram and so far i can say i am realy impresed as there is much less swaping compared to vista and 15 second start 5 second shutdown is really nice.