Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 vs. Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 8
November 2, 2012 1:00:32 PM

Hi Everyone

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Professional and I am quite satisfied with it. You can say the OS gets my work done. Nothing special except few BSOD :D 

I would like to know is Windows 8 worth the upgrade? Most people says it's same as Win 7, only with Additional/Better UI and Touchscreen Features. If you remove the NEW UI and Touchscreen feature, it's same as Win 7 :o 

I don't know DEEP tech details of Windows 8, so can anyone please tell me some details about Why Win 8 is better than Win 7? OR point me to some article.

Thanks

- Mrinmay :) 

More about : windows windows

a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2012 1:36:21 PM

Take a look here http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/operat...

There are some nice new features in W8 that a lot of people would find useful. The UI and touch screen features are turning a lot of people off of the OS, right or wrong that's up to them, personal preference and all that.

As far as I know you can still download a release preview of W8 to get a look at it before you buy it.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2012 1:58:29 PM

You can get a 90 day evaluation of Windows 8 Enterprise here > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.asp...

Assuming your systems support virtualisation then get VirtualBox and install and run 8 in a VM and see if it's for you or not.

Personally I dumped having MS on my own machines when Vista arrived.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2012 2:36:38 PM

The controls are weird. For instance you don't get the start menu on the desktop mode. Metro replaced the start button. It's weird in jittery with a mouse. But you could get used to it. (it has some nice keyboard shortcuts) It's only 40 bucks if you download pro from microsofts website. It quite a bit different though. If you can test it out first before you buy it.
m
l
!