ZoneAlarm Pro flashing taskbar icon?

I just downloaded a trial version of ZoneAlarm Pro.

The little ZoneAlarm Icon in the taskbar changes from ZA to a little
gauge and back again every minute or two. It's driving me crazy!

What is it doing and how do I stop it from switching back and forth?

BTW, I had an impression there is a separate ZoneAlarm newsgroup but I
can't find it. Is there one?

TIA

Louise
3 answers Last reply
More about zonealarm flashing taskbar icon

    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

    --
    S.S.

    Louise,

    The icon becomes a guage when internet traffic is present.
    The red guage displays when data are outgoing; the more
    bars showing the more data are being sent. The green guage
    shows the same format for incoming data. When the line
    is idle you get neither guage; just the ZA icon.
    Quite useful, actually.

    "Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > I just downloaded a trial version of ZoneAlarm Pro.
    >
    > The little ZoneAlarm Icon in the taskbar changes from ZA to a little
    > gauge and back again every minute or two. It's driving me crazy!
    >
    > What is it doing and how do I stop it from switching back and forth?
    >
    > BTW, I had an impression there is a separate ZoneAlarm newsgroup but I
    > can't find it. Is there one?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    Use regedit to change the "ShowLogo" name value from 1 to 0 in the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm

    Only do this if you feel confident using regedit to modify the registry.

    To see the effect shutdown ZoneAlarm and restart it. You should do this
    after first disconnecting your internet connection, so as not to leave your
    pc unprotected during the shutdown restart period of ZoneAlarm, otherwise
    just reboot your pc.

    Joe

Firewalls Taskbar Security Networking