How to be better at flying jets in bf3 pc

computernoob29

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
i was a really good pilot on the console version and then i switched over to pc and i cant fly to save my life now. i can manoeuvre ok with the arrow keys but i cant aim at all with that, i tried to hook up an xbox controller to switch to when i get a jet but it wasnt working, do i have to download anything other then the microsoft drivers? i would kinda like to learn how to do it better with a mouse just for the sake of it but its really hard to aim with the sensitivity all the way up but i cant manoeuvre if the sensitivity is down cause i dont have a very big space to move my mouse around, should i try to get a joystick? what should i do

renderman09

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

If you go to the device manager in the control panel you can update the drivers for your controller. Right click the unknown device and open up the properties. Then you will have to click update driver and browse from your computer. After that select the "Let me choose..." button and search for Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class. There you can find your driver.

Also, you must have your controller turned on before you join a server. Took me awhile to figure that out.

axleh93

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Shortest and easiest path is to get an actual pc joystick and you will get some pretty satisfactory results (once you get used to the controller). Other option is to go with what renderman said or just persevere with the keyboard controls, I have a friend who is absolutely deadly in fighters with just a keyboard and mouse.