Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Xbox 360 controller 4 flashing green lights

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 12, 2012 12:49:49 PM

Hi there.

I have an xbox 360 controller for my PC (I hope this is the right section to post) and it's recently been having the "problem" mentioned in the title. All four lights are flashing in green. It's wired, connected to the PC and it works just fine. Is this some kind of warning? Obviously it is, but I mean something dangerous.

Thanks in advance.

Best solution

November 12, 2012 5:06:02 PM
Share

auntarie said:
Hi there.

I have an xbox 360 controller for my PC (I hope this is the right section to post) and it's recently been having the "problem" mentioned in the title. All four lights are flashing in green. It's wired, connected to the PC and it works just fine. Is this some kind of warning? Obviously it is, but I mean something dangerous.

Thanks in advance.


I know for the xbox version you need to resync it to the console. Being this is a computer issue try uninstalling the drivers for it and reinstalling the drivers. Or, maybe look for a newer version of the driver; it should be automatically updating with windows update though.
November 12, 2012 5:33:01 PM

It didn't come with a driver in the box. It installed automatically when I first plugged it in. I recently did a windows reinstall so the drivers should be up to date, but I'll see what I can find online.
Related resources
November 13, 2012 2:13:34 PM

I was just about to go look for some drivers and then I saw that it's showing the 1 normal light in the upper left part of the circle. Guess I won't do anything for now, but I will ask if it starts acting weird.
November 20, 2012 2:11:51 AM

Best answer selected by auntarie.
January 13, 2013 8:24:07 PM

putthisasit said:
I know for the xbox version you need to resync it to the console. Being this is a computer issue try uninstalling the drivers for it and reinstalling the drivers. Or, maybe look for a newer version of the driver; it should be automatically updating with windows update though.


i have a wired controller that was working fine but one day just stopped working and now its flashing 4 green lights. it is wired and i have no clue what to do. want it to work for xbox 360
January 16, 2013 4:49:14 AM

My wired controller always flashes after bringing the computer out of Sleep mode..

Re-plugging the controller fixes it every time.
April 20, 2013 12:43:55 PM

akerr0r said:
My wired controller always flashes after bringing the computer out of Sleep mode..

Re-plugging the controller fixes it every time.


April 20, 2013 12:45:28 PM

akerrOr, thanks so much for the simple solution! Why didn't I think of trying that first? Worked like a charm! You made a 4-year-old boy very happy! :) 
March 22, 2014 4:06:43 PM

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I just ran into this problem on Windows 8.1 with a wireless 360 controller. After not finding much help through Google searches (none of the suggestions worked for me), I finally fixed it by clearing out all the USB devices in the system registry. Here's how I did that:

1) Disconnect everything plugged into a USB port (except your mouse/keyboard).
2) Download USB Oblivion: http://code.google.com/p/usboblivion/
3) Run it and let it clean your registry of all traces of USB devices.
4) Restart your computer.
5) Connect the Wireless adapter for the 360 controller and wait for the drivers to reinstall.
6) Turn on your controller and sync it to the wireless adapter.

That should be it! My controller now properly shows the top-left light, and no more insane blinking!

Once everything was back to normal on the controller, I left the controller on while I hooked up my other USB devices, just in case. Everything's perfect now.
March 23, 2014 11:45:34 PM

This is good to know, but in the end it turned out there was no real problem. You see, my controller would start acting like this if my PC would go to sleep with it still plugged in. And re-plugging it fixes everything, I just panicked over nothing :/ 
!