norton internet security personal firewall google conflict

My personal firewall on Norton Internet Security does not allow me
access to any Google sites or searches except Google news. I have
tried all kinds of different settings to no avail.The only thing that
works is turning it off.
Thanks for your help.
2 answers Last reply
More about norton internet security personal firewall google conflict

    rickl schrieb:
    > My personal firewall on Norton Internet Security does not allow me
    > access to any Google sites or searches except Google news. I have
    > tried all kinds of different settings to no avail.The only thing that
    > works is turning it off.
    > Thanks for your help.

    Check the protocols and figure out what component of NIS actually blocks
    it and for what reasons.

    Gerald

    Anytime you access google it will load data collecting cookies. If you set
    your security too high in Norton, it will block it, but you're seeing the
    result...

    "rickl" <rlanger@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > My personal firewall on Norton Internet Security does not allow me
    > access to any Google sites or searches except Google news. I have
    > tried all kinds of different settings to no avail.The only thing that
    > works is turning it off.
    > Thanks for your help.

Firewalls Google Internet Security Norton Networking