norton internet security personal firewall google conflict

Last response: in Networking
May 15, 2004 11:17:23 AM

My personal firewall on Norton Internet Security does not allow me
access to any Google sites or searches except Google news. I have
tried all kinds of different settings to no avail.The only thing that
works is turning it off.
Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 6:37:34 PM

rickl schrieb:
> My personal firewall on Norton Internet Security does not allow me
> access to any Google sites or searches except Google news. I have
> tried all kinds of different settings to no avail.The only thing that
> works is turning it off.
> Thanks for your help.

Check the protocols and figure out what component of NIS actually blocks
it and for what reasons.

Gerald
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 1:34:05 AM

Anytime you access google it will load data collecting cookies. If you set
your security too high in Norton, it will block it, but you're seeing the
result...

!