Almost All My Games are Crashing During Launch

trojan1107

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hello guys I have a VERY annoying problem on my hands. Ever since last month my favorite games CSS, Half Life, CoD, and now my recently bought GTA IV is crashing during launch. I tryed a lot of stuff and spent a lot of my free time searching this up on forums so now I want to make my own. Btw It doesn't crash on Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2. My specs are:

Sabertooth Z77
16GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
Corsair P128 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Antec HCG 750W PSU
Sapphire 7870 OC'ed

trojan1107

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Yes I did. It didn't work and that was one of the first things I did when this started happening. I just reinstalled my windows and hopefully It works.

Murk00

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
If you haven't changed any video drivers recently you might want to check to make sure your videocard is not overheating.

If your videocard is not overheating, and nothing has changed as far as drivers go then it could be your hard drive possibly or some ram issue.

Try removing one of your sticks of ram, try both sticks.

If your for sure it's not your hard drive and you tried ram it could also be your power supply going out.

You know your system better than me, so consider that info and troubleshoot a bit.

It's a pain sometimes, but process of elimination will get you to the root of the problem eventually.