Bush Secures Land for Veterans

Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2005 3:06:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys (More info?)

The liebrals like to claim that the Republicans don't care for the soldiers.
As usual they'll ignore evidence to the contrary. Soldiers earn more money
today than they ever have. They get the benefits of the Brady Bill. To top
it all off look at all the land the our leaders have secured for them. I
doubt the liebral leaders would have done this for our men; hell look how
many were left buried in France and Germany thanks to the liebral FDR.

| Arlington National Cemetery gains 70 acres of land
|
| i-Newswire, - After years of searching for more space,
| Defense Department officials have garnered more than
| 70 acres of land to expand the sprawling 600-plus-acre
| hillside on the west bank of the Potomac River
| overlooking the nation's capital.

The cemetery also will use a 17-acre tract of land that's now a picnic
area at adjacent Fort Myer.

After years of searching for more space, Defense Department officials
have garnered more than 70 acres of land to expand the sprawling
600-plus-acre hillside on the west bank of the Potomac River
overlooking the nation's capital.

The fiscal 2000 National Defense Authorization Act contained a
provision expanding the cemetery.

"We estimated that we would run out of grave space between 2025 and
2030," said cemetery superintendent John Metzler Jr. "So one of the
things we were directed to do was to develop a new master plan and to
look at not only what we needed to do internally to maintain the
cemetery, but also how we could look at expanding the cemetery beyond
the year of 2025."

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123010656
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:09:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys (More info?)

>John Henry was cut from the Baylor football team for saying...
>>JustForFun <justforfun69@bellsouth.net> wrote in

>>>They are denied adequate medical treatment,

>> This is the most absurd thing you've ever said.

>"Bizarrely enough, veterans' disability benefits are deducted from their
>military retirement pay, giving the wounded a powerful incentive to die
>while they're young.

You're going to have to provide a cite for this one, because I do not
believe it's true.

Trent
Chairborne "Nine of Diamonds" Ranger

....To be a great NCO, you need three bones: a backbone, a wishbone and a funny bone.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:10:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys (More info?)

>JustForFun was cut from the Baylor football team for saying...
>>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:54:29 GMT, " Ford Prefect"

>>> Soldiers earn more money today than they ever have.

>>Bullshit they do. Their dependants live on food stamps.

>LMAO.

You don't believe that military families are on food stamps?
Seriously? It's essentially COMMON among the lower ranks.

Trent
Chairborne "Nine of Diamonds" Ranger

....To be a great NCO, you need three bones: a backbone, a wishbone and a funny bone.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:43:07 PM

woodruffs@cableone.net (Trent Woodruff) wrote in

>>John Henry was cut from the Baylor football team for saying...
>>>JustForFun <justforfun69@bellsouth.net> wrote in

>>> This is the most absurd thing you've ever said.
>
>>"Bizarrely enough, veterans' disability benefits are deducted from
>>their military retirement pay, giving the wounded a powerful incentive
>>to die while they're young.
>
> You're going to have to provide a cite for this one, because I do not
> believe it's true.

WASHINGTON - Its formal title is The Retired Pay Restoration Act of 2003.
Veterans say it is a long overdue measure to end what they have nicknamed
The Disabled Veterans Tax. By either name it is a hot-button issue for
670,000 disabled American military veterans.

What the bill would do is redress a century-old injustice - a law that
says anyone who retires after a full career of military service and draws
retirement pay will have that pay reduced, dollar for dollar, for any
payment received from the Veterans Administration for permanent service-
connected disability.

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Galloway_071...

As far as I can tell, the bill was kept hung up in committee until the
end of the 2003 congressional session; the Bush administration opposed
the bill, and this may be how it was kept from being passed. To the best
of my knowledge, neither this bill nor any other bill which addresses
this inequity in the military retirement/disability compensation system
has yet been passed.

--
John Henry
alt.usenet.kooks Hammer of Thor - May 2005