Looking for cheap co-op games for my little bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
I'm looking for free or cheap games (under $20) than I can play with my little brother. Mostly interested in fps/action/rpg type of games where we can go together on missions and stuff (but will consider others), as long as we can play together on our pcs. I'm used to playing mmos like WoW or GW2, where you logg on the same server to play together. Are there others games out there that allow this, is the correct term co-op; and how it is done? Would love mission-type games with a nice story line, where we can work together and have some fun. Thank you :)

Games to Consider: Let me know if this can be played together or not.
Serious Sam II (on sale @ Gamestop for $2.49)
Chrome (@gamestop for $4.99)
GW2 (Maybein the future, out of the budget atm)

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012

I know about Blacklight retribution. But I need none-spvp, role-playing, story-line type of games.

coppy45

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Why not GW1? :)
There are many MMO games available for free, I remember when I was younger I used to love playing Runescape with my friends and brother (shame corporate investors took over and butchered it, creating the micro transaction-bursting abomination that stands in place of the fun game that made my later childhood years).
I'm currently playing WoW with my best friend, obviously it's quite an expensive option though, so not really an option.
I know everquest 2 is free on steam, might be worth a go (considering eq1 is one of the for-fathers of MMO gaming as we know it today).
There's also LOTRO (lord of the rings online), free-to play. Might be worth a go.
In addition, there is stronghold kingdoms, a game with a 'freemium' model (like runescape pre-microtransactions), though there is nothing preventing a non-paying user getting just as powerful as a paying user (payments are generally for in game production perks or convenience perks such as building queue).
Finally there is league of legends/heroes of newerth (free) or DoTA2 (paid). All similar games. They have a more strategic PvP focus, but with a fantasy theme. Very much worth a look.
Hope I helped :)

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

Steam should be having it's yearly X-mas sale soon. dunno if they are going to do anything for thanksgiving or not. but a few years ago I got a TON of games for really cheap during the xmas sale. It prob. avg.ed out to just under $1 per game.

I would suggest looking for games on sale on steam along with watching some gameplay footage on youtube so you know what you are buying.

but as for games to look at, I would suggest looking at the following:

As for FPS games:

Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 (I would suggest 2 as it feels more like an addon for 1 and I honestly don't think as many people play number 1 anymore.)

Killing Floor

G-mod (lots of stuff to do as it is openly more or less "mod-able" has other non-FPS elelments in it as well.)

RPG Games: Two Worlds II (it's the only one that comes to mind that I have recently played with a few friends)

If I had to suggest one or two of the games I listed, I would suggest Killing Floor or G-mod.

G-mod has a lot more replayablity to it tho as it is pretty much open.

Hope this helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS