Blue screens ONLY in COD titles.

Ano22

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hi, I have searched for a very long time to no avail about an odd problem I am having with my computer. My computer will BSOD with the BCCode 124 after 1-30 minutes of playing ANY Call of Duty games, MW1, Black Ops, doesn't matter. But just COD, no other games. BF3, CS:GO, SC2 all run for hours perfectly fine. I figure it has something to do with the engine Call of Duty games run on and my computer, but I don't really know anything about that.
I did some searching for solutions and found the BCCode 124 is mainly hardware issues (overheating, underpowered) but neither of these are my problem. Everything is perfectly normal until a random crash. I can play games much much more strenuous than anything Call of Duty has to offer with no problems. I have checked and monitored temps, ran mem tests, updated video drivers, checked HDD, PSU everything. All seems normal.

My Computer:
Evga GTX 570
AMD Phenom II X4 970 (3.5 Ghz)
8gb RAM
M4A79XTD Evo (mobo)
Antec 750 (PSU)

If you have ever heard of a problem like this before please let me know, or know any possible solutions please let me know. T_T

Ano22

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Oh I should add, this has only been happening since I got a GTX 570, before I used 2 Radeon 4850s and Call of Duty games ran fine. But the GTX 570 runs EVERYTHING besides COD fine.

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
I have never heard of a problem like this before but the reason it would only happen to COD titles is they all use basically the same engine.

And we can narrow it down to a GPU problem based on your comment. I'd recommend using driver sweeper or manually (<best way) to uninstall and clean all drivers from your rig. You will need to delete all files/folders and registry entries, google it something will come up. This could be caused by left over AMD drivers conflicting with the NVIDIA drivers.

If that doesn't do it then there is most likely something unstable on your graphics card...overclock? heat? underclock? power settings?