Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 4:00:09 PM

All the sudden I am not showing any events in event viewer. Can
anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks

More about : mcafee firewall problem

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 10:22:17 PM

How long have you gone w/o any events? I seem to get a few dozen a day from
all over the planet.

My problem with my Personal Firewall Plus is that I can never get the
Traffic Monitor to open w/o an access violation exception and crash.

"lewedwin" <lewedwin@netzero.com> wrote in message
> All the sudden I am not showing any events in event viewer. Can
> anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 11:05:16 PM

Well, I did some research and found a few others with the same problem.
Someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall which I did but
it didn't solve the problem. I then unplugged my cable modem and router and
after plugging everything back in it now seems to be okay. Go figure . . .
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 11:38:08 PM

I went six times to McAfee's online help before giving up. Their support
people are simply script-readers located perhaps in Asia. Their English is
OK, except when they have to write their own...

"lldaley" <lldaley@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well, I did some research and found a few others with the same problem.
> Someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall which I did
but
> it didn't solve the problem. I then unplugged my cable modem and router
and
> after plugging everything back in it now seems to be okay. Go figure . .
..
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 16, 2004 1:22:43 AM

Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 16, 2004 10:55:25 AM

Maybe you should consider yourself lucky and you're not getting pinged. They
probably left you alone for a while.

"njchatter" <njchatter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
> stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 17, 2004 9:17:11 AM

From what I have read the router is stopping the probes so they are not
registered by the log.

That was the reason 1 poster gave at least.
Peace

"Gary Schnabl" <LivernoisYards@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Maybe you should consider yourself lucky and you're not getting pinged.
They
> probably left you alone for a while.
>
> "njchatter" <njchatter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
> > stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 17, 2004 9:34:07 PM

I wondered if it could be the router but I have 2 computers hooked up (both
windows xp) through a Linksys router. One is showing events the other
isn't. That's what's confusing me. I have run all the tests and I come
back stealthed on both computers so I know the firewall is working okay.