McAfee Firewall Problem

All the sudden I am not showing any events in event viewer. Can
anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about mcafee firewall problem

    How long have you gone w/o any events? I seem to get a few dozen a day from
    all over the planet.

    My problem with my Personal Firewall Plus is that I can never get the
    Traffic Monitor to open w/o an access violation exception and crash.

    "lewedwin" <lewedwin@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > All the sudden I am not showing any events in event viewer. Can
    > anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks

    Well, I did some research and found a few others with the same problem.
    Someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall which I did but
    it didn't solve the problem. I then unplugged my cable modem and router and
    after plugging everything back in it now seems to be okay. Go figure . . .

    I went six times to McAfee's online help before giving up. Their support
    people are simply script-readers located perhaps in Asia. Their English is
    OK, except when they have to write their own...

    "lldaley" <lldaley@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Well, I did some research and found a few others with the same problem.
    > Someone suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall which I did
    but
    > it didn't solve the problem. I then unplugged my cable modem and router
    and
    > after plugging everything back in it now seems to be okay. Go figure . .
    ..

    Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
    stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?

    Maybe you should consider yourself lucky and you're not getting pinged. They
    probably left you alone for a while.

    "njchatter" <njchatter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
    > stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?

    From what I have read the router is stopping the probes so they are not
    registered by the log.

    That was the reason 1 poster gave at least.
    Peace

    "Gary Schnabl" <LivernoisYards@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Maybe you should consider yourself lucky and you're not getting pinged.
    They
    > probably left you alone for a while.
    >
    > "njchatter" <njchatter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours then
    > > stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?

    I wondered if it could be the router but I have 2 computers hooked up (both
    windows xp) through a Linksys router. One is showing events the other
    isn't. That's what's confusing me. I have run all the tests and I come
    back stealthed on both computers so I know the firewall is working okay.

    "Peacekeeper" <noturnertspam@removethisbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > From what I have read the router is stopping the probes so they are not
    > registered by the log.
    >
    > That was the reason 1 poster gave at least.
    > Peace
    >
    > "Gary Schnabl" <LivernoisYards@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Maybe you should consider yourself lucky and you're not getting pinged.
    > They
    > > probably left you alone for a while.
    > >
    > > "njchatter" <njchatter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Well I spoke too soon. It only logged events for a couple of hours
    then
    > > > stopped again. Is there maybe a registry fix?

Firewalls Security McAfee Event Viewer Networking