Discovery Channel's Top Ten Americans List

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

Looks like the people in America know greatness when they see it. No wonder
the demoncrats can't win elections anymore. If this list is any indication
they may never win another election again. America loves the GOP.

The top 10 list of Greatest Americans as voted by America for
Discovery Channel's Greatest American

10. Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. Oprah Winfrey
8. Elvis
7. Bill Clinton
6. George W. Bush
5. Ben Franklin
4. George Washington
3. Martin Luther King
2. Abe Lincoln
1. Ronald Reagan
44 answers Last reply
More about discovery channel americans list
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Ron Olin wrote:

    > Tesla wasn't listed?

    I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
    glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
    fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
    list.

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
    > documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.

    Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political archrival,
    Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    > Einstein became a citizen, but most of his accomplishments were made
    > when he wasn't. Most Americans give him the credit for ushering in the
    > Nuclear age, when in fact it was more in the hands of Oppenheimer (also
    > missing from the list.)
    >
    > - Jordan

    Credit or blame?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Tempest" <tempest@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > And leave Reagan as #1?
    >
    > The president who brought us record deficits, the Iran/Contra scandal and
    > whose administration is the most corrupt in American history when you
    > count the number of convictions?
    >
    > LOL!

    Corruption seems to be very American. Very corrupt = Very American!

    God Bless Us!

    -John
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    > >9. Oprah Winfrey
    > >8. Elvis

    It's a joke.
    --
    ©hri§tÇræm®
    "The power of Cream compels you."

    http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=PARHITW

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college (More info?)

    Aaron Ginn, I'd respond to you, but then I won't be watching TV, you
    can see the bind I'm in:

    > At least Oprah or Elvis didn't kill anyone, which is more
    > than I can say for at least half the people in the top ten.

    Yea, but some of them needed killin'

    -Tom Enright

    > --
    > "Any man more right than his neighbors constitutes a majority of one."
    > -- Henry David Thoreau
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college (More info?)

    "Tom Enright" <freddy_hayek@yahoo.com> writes:

    > Aaron Ginn, I'd respond to you, but then I won't be watching TV, you
    > can see the bind I'm in:
    >
    > > At least Oprah or Elvis didn't kill anyone, which is more
    > > than I can say for at least half the people in the top ten.
    >
    > Yea, but some of them needed killin'

    Thanks, God.

    --
    "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
    -- Ambrose Bierce

    Larry Coon wrote:
    > Ron Olin wrote:
    >
    >> Tesla wasn't listed?
    >
    > I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
    > glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
    > fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
    > list.

    I saw part of the first show and I do believe tesla was mentioned. He was
    given short-shrift and deemed a kook though.

    > Larry Coon
    > University of California
    >
    > The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    > http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Odin" <invalidemail@aerojockey.com> wrote in message
    > Ron Olin wrote:
    >> Tesla wasn't listed?
    >
    > That's because Tesla was Canadian.

    Not American but not Canadian either.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Ron Olin wrote:
    >
    > > Tesla wasn't listed?
    >
    > I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
    > glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
    > fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
    > list.

    I don't know -- "Mechanical Resonance" was good, but not "Greatest
    American" good, IMHO, and they'd pretty much said all they had to say by
    "Bust a Nut". Anthrax (w/ Joey Belladonna) deserves more consideration
    in my judgment.

    --
    Jeremey
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
    > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
    > > documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.
    >
    > Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
    archrival,
    > Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.

    Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.

    --
    Jeremey
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:

    > "Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
    > > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > > 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
    > > > documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.
    > >
    > > Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
    > archrival,
    > > Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
    >
    > Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.

    Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

    --
    "There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
    to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."

    in article snmzpb8zn8.fsf@gmail.com, Aaron Ginn at aaron.ginn@gmail.com
    wrote on 6/27/05 1:42 PM:

    > "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
    >
    >> "Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
    >>> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
    >> archrival,
    >>> Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
    >>
    >> Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
    >
    > Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

    No, Hancock wrote de Tocqueville, I'm pretty sure.

    --
    Jeremey
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

    >What a terrible list. In no particular order....
    >
    >John Adams
    >Alexander Hamilton
    >George Washington
    >Ben Franklin
    >John Jay
    >James Madison
    >Abraham Lincoln
    >Theodore Roosevelt
    >FDR
    >Patton
    >
    >And truthfully, 10 is way too short of a list. There are well more
    >than 10 that deserve inclusion from the Revolution time period alone.
    >John Hancock, Paul Revere, Patrick Henry, etc

    reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
    it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
    concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
    Dittoheads do have power.

    --
    "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant

    Aaron Ginn wrote:

    > "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
    >

    >>"Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    >>>Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
    >>
    >>archrival,
    >>
    >>>Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
    >>
    >>Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
    >

    > Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

    It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the U.S.
    Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > Aaron Ginn wrote:
    >
    > > "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
    > >

    > >>"Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message

    > >>archrival,

    > >>Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
    > > Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
    >

    > It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
    > U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.

    Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
    to boot?

    --
    "There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
    to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."
    -- John Adams
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:18:36 GMT, "Jeremey Wilson"
    <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Ron Olin wrote:
    >>
    >> > Tesla wasn't listed?
    >>
    >> I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
    >> glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
    >> fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
    >> list.
    >
    >I don't know -- "Mechanical Resonance" was good, but not "Greatest
    >American" good, IMHO, and they'd pretty much said all they had to say by
    >"Bust a Nut". Anthrax (w/ Joey Belladonna) deserves more consideration
    >in my judgment.

    I was waiting for someone to make that joke.

    Rob
    ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

    --

    Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
    because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

    Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
    a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

    Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

    "These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
    strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
    where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
    head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
    you?"
    --Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

    >Dennis said:
    >>reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
    >>it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
    >>concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
    >>Dittoheads do have power.
    >
    >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
    >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
    >farce.
    >
    >Brent

    Popularity contest...

    --
    "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
    "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
    "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
    To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Aaron Ginn wrote:

    > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
    >

    >>Aaron Ginn wrote:

    >>>Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
    >>

    >>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
    >>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
    >

    > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
    > to boot?

    He was first in line at the signing. He didn't write any of it.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Aaron Ginn wrote:

    > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
    >

    >>Aaron Ginn wrote:

    >>>Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
    >>

    >>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
    >>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
    >

    > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
    > to boot?

    Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > Aaron Ginn wrote:
    >
    > > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > >>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
    > >>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
    > > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
    >
    > > to boot?
    > >

    > Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    > it either; Thomas Jefferson did.

    Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.

    Where did you go to school, anyway?

    --
    "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
    -- Ambrose Bierce
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Aaron Ginn <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote in

    > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
    >
    >> Aaron Ginn wrote:

    >> > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant
    >> > letters
    >>
    >> > to boot?
    >> >

    >> Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't
    >> write it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
    >

    > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    >
    > Where did you go to school, anyway?

    i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
    thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
    dood.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Jack Straw wrote:

    > i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
    > thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
    > dood.

    Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    > Jack Straw wrote:
    >
    >> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
    >> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
    >> dood.
    >
    > Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

    The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
    Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
    backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
    his ass.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Mithra wrote:

    > The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
    > Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
    > backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
    > his ass.

    Poor donkey.

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Larry Coon <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in news:42C06CF0.1938@cox.net:

    > Jack Straw wrote:
    >
    >> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
    >> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
    >> dood.
    >
    > Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

    did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis, inventor
    of the elevator?
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Jack Straw wrote:

    > did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis, inventor
    > of the elevator?

    It is a little-known fact that there was no actual Thomas Otis.
    That name was simply a play on words, coming from "thoma sotis,"
    which of course is Latin for "keep hands and feet clear."

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Larry Coon <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in news:42C06E95.2617@cox.net:

    > Jack Straw wrote:
    >
    >> did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis,
    >> inventor of the elevator?
    >
    > It is a little-known fact that there was no actual Thomas Otis.
    > That name was simply a play on words, coming from "thoma sotis,"
    > which of course is Latin for "keep hands and feet clear."

    that is funny because the latin phrase 'stroma throtis' means to strangle
    someone until they suffocate.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    PeterL wrote:
    > Tempest wrote:
    >> Ron Olin wrote:
    >>

    >>> Tesla wasn't listed?
    >>

    >> Where's Paris Hilton?
    >
    > In...Paris?

    That's where I'd like to be!

    --
    Dave Zero

    "And I don't care about making an ass out of myself because most people
    already realize I am one." - Dr. Kary B. Mullis

    "I criticize by creation" - Cicero

    "I'm not here to make people happy. I prefer to piss people off." - Liam
    Gallagher
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    > Roger wrote:
    >> "Odin" <invalidemail@aerojockey.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > That's because Tesla was Canadian.
    >>
    >> Not American but not Canadian either.
    >
    > Just because he was French Canadian doesn't mean he wasn't a real
    > Canadian.

    Fool.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Mithra" <mithra@institute.dam> wrote in message

    > "Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Jack Straw wrote:
    > >
    > >> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was
    written by
    > >> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to
    school
    > >> dood.
    > >
    > > Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.
    > >

    > The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
    > Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
    > backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
    > his ass.

    It?! "Eine Witwe ist kein Ding", is I think the phrase. Was the widow
    okay?

    --
    Jeremey
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
    > btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE
    >
    > >Dennis said:
    > >>reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
    > >>it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
    > >>concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
    > >>Dittoheads do have power.
    > >
    > >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
    > >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
    > >farce.
    > >
    > >Brent
    >
    > Popularity contest...

    Worse than that...name recognition contest.

    > --
    > "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
    > "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will
    Durant
    > "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
    > "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
    > To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Jim Brown" <jimbo@wells.net> You're digging it round, when it aughta
    Be SQUARE

    >"Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
    >> btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

    >> >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
    >> >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
    >> >farce.
    >> >
    >> >Brent
    >>
    >> Popularity contest...
    >

    >Worse than that...name recognition contest.

    yeah I watched the show where they "debated" for the top 5, and the
    Reagan guy was Indian (Hindu type) and he seemed to try and say that
    Reagan was the greatest American for believing in the American people.
    SO by that logic, WTF was Washington doing, HE at least put his life
    on the line for those beliefs.

    --
    "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
    "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
    "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
    To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Aaron Ginn wrote:

    > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
    >

    >>Aaron Ginn wrote:

    >>>Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
    >>
    >>>to boot?
    >>>

    >>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    >>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
    >

    > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.

    That was Thomas Paine.

    > Where did you go to school, anyway?

    Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber than
    dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental capacity.

    www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/jefferson.htm

    "In 1776 Jefferson, then a member of the committee to draft a
    declaration of independence, was chosen by the committee to write the
    draft. This he did, with some minor corrections from James Madison and
    an embellishment from •Franklin, the document was offered to the
    Congress on the first day of July. The congress modified it somewhat,
    abbreviating certain wording and removing points that were outside of
    general agreement. The Declaration was adopted on the Fourth of July."

    Oh, and by the way: *plonk*
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    in article cAdwe.16964$26.5634@chiapp18.algx.net, Lamont Cranston at
    Lamont@TheShadow.com wrote on 6/28/05 10:58 AM:

    > "In 1776 Jefferson, then a member of the committee to draft a
    > declaration of independence, was chosen by the committee to write the
    > draft. This he did, with some minor corrections from James Madison and
    > an embellishment from €Franklin, the document was offered to the
    > Congress on the first day of July. The congress modified it somewhat,
    > abbreviating certain wording and removing points that were outside of
    > general agreement. The Declaration was adopted on the Fourth of July."

    You have no idea what you're talking about. That's revisionist history.
    #1, no one can prove that Thomas Jefferson actually existed; cutting-edge
    historians posit that the works generally credited to "Thomas Jefferson" are
    actually the work of Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Clemens, or even Saint-Simon.
    #2, I have read the Declaration of Independence, and there are no
    abbreviations in it AT ALL, so obviously the document in question is not the
    Declaration of Independence, since "the congress abbreviated certain
    wording". #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
    Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government offices
    are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.

    So don't think you're so smart.

    --
    Jeremey
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > Aaron Ginn wrote:
    >
    > > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > >>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    > >>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
    > > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    >
    > > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    >
    > That was Thomas Paine.
    >
    > > Where did you go to school, anyway?
    >

    > Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber
    > than dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental
    > capacity.
    >

    > www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/jefferson.htm

    Anybody can fake a website.

    state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
    -- Thomas Paine
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > Aaron Ginn wrote:
    >
    > > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    > >>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    > >>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
    > > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    >
    > > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    >
    > That was Thomas Paine.
    >
    > > Where did you go to school, anyway?
    >

    > Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber
    > than dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental
    > capacity.
    >

    > www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/jefferson.htm
    >
    > "In 1776 Jefferson, then a member of the committee to draft a
    > declaration of independence, was chosen by the committee to write the
    > draft. This he did, with some minor corrections from James Madison and
    > an embellishment from •Franklin, the document was offered to the
    > Congress on the first day of July. The congress modified it somewhat,
    > abbreviating certain wording and removing points that were outside of
    > general agreement. The Declaration was adopted on the Fourth of July."
    >

    > Oh, and by the way: *plonk*

    "IT'S A BIG ONE, BOYS!!!"

    --
    "There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
    to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."
    -- John Adams
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    Jeremey wrote:

    > #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
    > Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government offices
    > are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.

    1776 was a leap year. The fourth actually fell on the third.

    Larry Coon
    University of California

    The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
    http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:58:16 GMT, Lamont Cranston
    <Lamont@TheShadow.com> wrote:

    >Aaron Ginn wrote:
    >
    >> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

    >>>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
    >>>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
    >>

    >> Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    >> bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    >
    >That was Thomas Paine.
    >

    >> Where did you go to school, anyway?
    >
    >Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber than
    >dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental capacity.

    You might want to go to the shop to get your irony meter checked.

    Rob
    ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

    --

    Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
    because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

    Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
    a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

    Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

    "These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
    strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
    where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
    head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
    you?"
    --Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Jim Brown" <jimbo@wells.net> You're digging it round, when it aughta
    Be SQUARE

    >"Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
    >> btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

    >> >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
    >> >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
    >> >farce.
    >> >
    >> >Brent
    >>
    >> Popularity contest...
    >

    >Worse than that...name recognition contest.

    so upon further review that poll has a dumb-ass bias?

    --
    "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
    "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
    "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
    To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "Aaron Ginn" <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote

    > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    >
    > Where did you go to school, anyway?

    Probably went to school somewhere that spells it "pamphlets."
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

    "E-Man" <eric_herrera@comcast.net> writes:

    > "Aaron Ginn" <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote
    > >
    > > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
    > > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
    > >
    > > Where did you go to school, anyway?
    > >

    > Probably went to school somewhere that spells it "pamphlets."

    Where? Phrance?

    --
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and
    nobody wants to read."

    "Larry Coon" <lcnospam@assist.org> wrote in message
    > Jeremey wrote:
    >
    > > #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
    > > Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government
    offices
    > > are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.
    >
    > 1776 was a leap year. The fourth actually fell on the third.

    Well, sure. Under the Gregorian calendar...

    --
    Jeremey

Final Fantasy Video Games