Discovery Channel's Top Ten Americans List

Last response: in Video Games
June 27, 2005 2:19:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

Looks like the people in America know greatness when they see it. No wonder
the demoncrats can't win elections anymore. If this list is any indication
they may never win another election again. America loves the GOP.

The top 10 list of Greatest Americans as voted by America for
Discovery Channel's Greatest American

10. Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. Oprah Winfrey
8. Elvis
7. Bill Clinton
6. George W. Bush
5. Ben Franklin
4. George Washington
3. Martin Luther King
2. Abe Lincoln
1. Ronald Reagan
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 2:19:01 AM

Ron Olin wrote:

> Tesla wasn't listed?

I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
list.

Larry Coon
University of California

The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 2:49:20 AM

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
> documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.

Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political archrival,
Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:10:48 AM

> Einstein became a citizen, but most of his accomplishments were made
> when he wasn't. Most Americans give him the credit for ushering in the
> Nuclear age, when in fact it was more in the hands of Oppenheimer (also
> missing from the list.)
>
> - Jordan

Credit or blame?
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:40:35 AM

"Tempest" <tempest@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> And leave Reagan as #1?
>
> The president who brought us record deficits, the Iran/Contra scandal and
> whose administration is the most corrupt in American history when you
> count the number of convictions?
>
> LOL!

Corruption seems to be very American. Very corrupt = Very American!

God Bless Us!

-John
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:01:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

> >9. Oprah Winfrey
> >8. Elvis

It's a joke.
--
©hri§tÇræm®
"The power of Cream compels you."

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college (More info?)

Aaron Ginn, I'd respond to you, but then I won't be watching TV, you
can see the bind I'm in:

> At least Oprah or Elvis didn't kill anyone, which is more
> than I can say for at least half the people in the top ten.

Yea, but some of them needed killin'

-Tom Enright

> --
> "Any man more right than his neighbors constitutes a majority of one."
> -- Henry David Thoreau
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 3:43:48 PM

"Tom Enright" <freddy_hayek@yahoo.com> writes:

> Aaron Ginn, I'd respond to you, but then I won't be watching TV, you
> can see the bind I'm in:
>
> > At least Oprah or Elvis didn't kill anyone, which is more
> > than I can say for at least half the people in the top ten.
>
> Yea, but some of them needed killin'

Thanks, God.

--
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
-- Ambrose Bierce

Larry Coon wrote:
> Ron Olin wrote:
>
>> Tesla wasn't listed?
>
> I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
> glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
> fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
> list.

I saw part of the first show and I do believe tesla was mentioned. He was
given short-shrift and deemed a kook though.

> Larry Coon
> University of California
>
> The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
> http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
June 27, 2005 4:16:57 PM

"Odin" <invalidemail@aerojockey.com> wrote in message
> Ron Olin wrote:
>> Tesla wasn't listed?
>
> That's because Tesla was Canadian.

Not American but not Canadian either.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 4:18:36 PM

"Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> Ron Olin wrote:
>
> > Tesla wasn't listed?
>
> I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
> glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
> fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
> list.

I don't know -- "Mechanical Resonance" was good, but not "Greatest
American" good, IMHO, and they'd pretty much said all they had to say by
"Bust a Nut". Anthrax (w/ Joey Belladonna) deserves more consideration
in my judgment.

--
Jeremey
Anonymous

"Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
> > documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.
>
> Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
archrival,
> Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.

Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.

--
Jeremey
Anonymous

"Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:

> "Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
> > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > 6. Jefferson - Unparalleled involvement in the authorship of the
> > > documents that define our country. Author of the Federalist Papers.
> >
> > Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
> archrival,
> > Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
>
> Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.

Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

--
"There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."

in article snmzpb8zn8.fsf@gmail.com, Aaron Ginn at aaron.ginn@gmail.com
wrote on 6/27/05 1:42 PM:

> "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> "Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
>>> "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
>> archrival,
>>> Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
>>
>> Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
>
> Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

No, Hancock wrote de Tocqueville, I'm pretty sure.

--
Jeremey
June 27, 2005 6:46:26 PM

btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

>What a terrible list. In no particular order....
>
>John Adams
>Alexander Hamilton
>George Washington
>Ben Franklin
>John Jay
>James Madison
>Abraham Lincoln
>Theodore Roosevelt
>FDR
>Patton
>
>And truthfully, 10 is way too short of a list. There are well more
>than 10 that deserve inclusion from the Revolution time period alone.
>John Hancock, Paul Revere, Patrick Henry, etc

reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
Dittoheads do have power.

--
"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant

Aaron Ginn wrote:

> "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
>

>>"Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>Jefferson did not write the Federalist Papers. His political
>>
>>archrival,
>>
>>>Alexander Hamilton, did, along with James Madison and John Jay.
>>
>>Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
>

> Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?

It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the U.S.
Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:07:59 PM

Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

> Aaron Ginn wrote:
>
> > "Jeremey Wilson" <noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> writes:
> >

> >>"Alson Wong" <rasvp@yahoo.com.b_l_o_c_k> wrote in message

> >>archrival,

> >>Well... he wrote the Constitution, at least.
> > Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
>

> It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
> U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.

Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
to boot?

--
"There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."
-- John Adams
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:09:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:18:36 GMT, "Jeremey Wilson"
<noaddressgiven@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Ron Olin wrote:
>>
>> > Tesla wasn't listed?
>>
>> I think I saw the list of the original 100, and Tesla was a
>> glaring omission. Even bigger than that, they drew from all
>> fields, including music, and Louis Armstrong wasn't on the
>> list.
>
>I don't know -- "Mechanical Resonance" was good, but not "Greatest
>American" good, IMHO, and they'd pretty much said all they had to say by
>"Bust a Nut". Anthrax (w/ Joey Belladonna) deserves more consideration
>in my judgment.

I was waiting for someone to make that joke.

Rob
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"
June 27, 2005 10:17:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

>Dennis said:
>>reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
>>it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
>>concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
>>Dittoheads do have power.
>
>No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
>absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
>farce.
>
>Brent

Popularity contest...

--
"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:16:59 PM

Aaron Ginn wrote:

> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
>

>>Aaron Ginn wrote:

>>>Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
>>

>>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
>>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
>

> Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
> to boot?

He was first in line at the signing. He didn't write any of it.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:22:17 PM

Aaron Ginn wrote:

> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
>

>>Aaron Ginn wrote:

>>>Um, no. That was John Hancock. Did you fail American history?
>>

>>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
>>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
>

> Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
> to boot?

Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 11:22:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

> Aaron Ginn wrote:
>
> > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

> >>It's for sure that you did. James Madison is the Father of the
> >>U.S. Constitution. John Hancock wrote not one line of it.
> > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
>
> > to boot?
> >

> Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
> it either; Thomas Jefferson did.

Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.

Where did you go to school, anyway?

--
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:44:23 AM

Aaron Ginn <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote in

> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
>
>> Aaron Ginn wrote:

>> > Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant
>> > letters
>>
>> > to boot?
>> >

>> Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't
>> write it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
>

> Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
> bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
>
> Where did you go to school, anyway?

i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
dood.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:44:24 AM

Jack Straw wrote:

> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
> dood.

Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

Larry Coon
University of California

The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:44:25 AM

> Jack Straw wrote:
>
>> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
>> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
>> dood.
>
> Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
his ass.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:44:26 AM

Mithra wrote:

> The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
> Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
> backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
> his ass.

Poor donkey.

Larry Coon
University of California

The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:20:03 AM

Larry Coon <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in news:42C06CF0.1938@cox.net:

> Jack Straw wrote:
>
>> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was written by
>> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to school
>> dood.
>
> Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.

did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis, inventor
of the elevator?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:20:04 AM

Jack Straw wrote:

> did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis, inventor
> of the elevator?

It is a little-known fact that there was no actual Thomas Otis.
That name was simply a play on words, coming from "thoma sotis,"
which of course is Latin for "keep hands and feet clear."

Larry Coon
University of California

The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:27:08 AM

Larry Coon <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in news:42C06E95.2617@cox.net:

> Jack Straw wrote:
>
>> did you know his fourth cousin five-times removed was thomas otis,
>> inventor of the elevator?
>
> It is a little-known fact that there was no actual Thomas Otis.
> That name was simply a play on words, coming from "thoma sotis,"
> which of course is Latin for "keep hands and feet clear."

that is funny because the latin phrase 'stroma throtis' means to strangle
someone until they suffocate.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:39:04 AM

PeterL wrote:
> Tempest wrote:
>> Ron Olin wrote:
>>

>>> Tesla wasn't listed?
>>

>> Where's Paris Hilton?
>
> In...Paris?

That's where I'd like to be!

--
Dave Zero

"And I don't care about making an ass out of myself because most people
already realize I am one." - Dr. Kary B. Mullis

"I criticize by creation" - Cicero

"I'm not here to make people happy. I prefer to piss people off." - Liam
Gallagher
June 28, 2005 2:54:02 AM

> Roger wrote:
>> "Odin" <invalidemail@aerojockey.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > That's because Tesla was Canadian.
>>
>> Not American but not Canadian either.
>
> Just because he was French Canadian doesn't mean he wasn't a real
> Canadian.

Fool.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:52:17 AM

"Mithra" <mithra@institute.dam> wrote in message

> "Larry Coon" <lmcoon_nospam@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Jack Straw wrote:
> >
> >> i hope you are just kidding around because 'common sense' was
written by
> >> thomas paine, not thomas jefferson. so tell us where you went to
school
> >> dood.
> >
> > Ahh, Thomas Paine...inventor of the window.
> >

> The phrase "pain in the ass" has been traced to
> Thomas Paine while in his workshop fell
> backward onto a widow thus sitting on it injuring
> his ass.

It?! "Eine Witwe ist kein Ding", is I think the phrase. Was the widow
okay?

--
Jeremey
Anonymous

"Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
> btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE
>
> >Dennis said:
> >>reagan was a good president, but when the list had Clinton and GW on
> >>it, I felt sickened, when Reagan made the top 5 I knew there was a
> >>concerted effort to skew the results, GW was #6 on thier tally.
> >>Dittoheads do have power.
> >
> >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
> >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
> >farce.
> >
> >Brent
>
> Popularity contest...

Worse than that...name recognition contest.

> --
> "People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
> "Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will
Durant
> "We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
> "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
> To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
June 28, 2005 4:57:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

"Jim Brown" <jimbo@wells.net> You're digging it round, when it aughta
Be SQUARE

>"Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
>> btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

>> >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
>> >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
>> >farce.
>> >
>> >Brent
>>
>> Popularity contest...
>

>Worse than that...name recognition contest.

yeah I watched the show where they "debated" for the top 5, and the
Reagan guy was Indian (Hindu type) and he seemed to try and say that
Reagan was the greatest American for believing in the American people.
SO by that logic, WTF was Washington doing, HE at least put his life
on the line for those beliefs.

--
"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:58:16 PM

Aaron Ginn wrote:

> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:
>

>>Aaron Ginn wrote:

>>>Please. Why did he get to sign it first then? And in giant letters
>>
>>>to boot?
>>>

>>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
>>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
>

> Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
> bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.

That was Thomas Paine.

> Where did you go to school, anyway?

Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber than
dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental capacity.

www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/jefferson.htm

"In 1776 Jefferson, then a member of the committee to draft a
declaration of independence, was chosen by the committee to write the
draft. This he did, with some minor corrections from James Madison and
an embellishment from •Franklin, the document was offered to the
Congress on the first day of July. The congress modified it somewhat,
abbreviating certain wording and removing points that were outside of
general agreement. The Declaration was adopted on the Fourth of July."

Oh, and by the way: *plonk*
June 28, 2005 6:58:17 PM

in article cAdwe.16964$26.5634@chiapp18.algx.net, Lamont Cranston at
Lamont@TheShadow.com wrote on 6/28/05 10:58 AM:

> "In 1776 Jefferson, then a member of the committee to draft a
> declaration of independence, was chosen by the committee to write the
> draft. This he did, with some minor corrections from James Madison and
> an embellishment from €Franklin, the document was offered to the
> Congress on the first day of July. The congress modified it somewhat,
> abbreviating certain wording and removing points that were outside of
> general agreement. The Declaration was adopted on the Fourth of July."

You have no idea what you're talking about. That's revisionist history.
#1, no one can prove that Thomas Jefferson actually existed; cutting-edge
historians posit that the works generally credited to "Thomas Jefferson" are
actually the work of Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Clemens, or even Saint-Simon.
#2, I have read the Declaration of Independence, and there are no
abbreviations in it AT ALL, so obviously the document in question is not the
Declaration of Independence, since "the congress abbreviated certain
wording". #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government offices
are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.

So don't think you're so smart.

--
Jeremey
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

> Aaron Ginn wrote:
>
> > Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

> >>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
> >>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
> > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
>
> > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
>
> That was Thomas Paine.
>
> > Where did you go to school, anyway?
>

> Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber
> than dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental
> capacity.
>

> www.ushistory.org/declaration/signers/jefferson.htm

Anybody can fake a website.

state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
-- Thomas Paine
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:58:17 PM

"IT'S A BIG ONE, BOYS!!!"

--
"There is danger in all men. The only maxim of a free government ought
to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."
-- John Adams
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:58:18 PM

Jeremey wrote:

> #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
> Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government offices
> are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.

1776 was a leap year. The fourth actually fell on the third.

Larry Coon
University of California

The NBA Salary Cap FAQ:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:47:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:58:16 GMT, Lamont Cranston
<Lamont@TheShadow.com> wrote:

>Aaron Ginn wrote:
>
>> Lamont Cranston <Lamont@TheShadow.com> writes:

>>>Uhhh, that was the Declaration of Independence, dude. He didn't write
>>>it either; Thomas Jefferson did.
>>

>> Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
>> bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
>
>That was Thomas Paine.
>

>> Where did you go to school, anyway?
>
>Obviously, you never attended school at all because you are dumber than
>dogshit. Read the following if it isn't beyond your mental capacity.

You might want to go to the shop to get your irony meter checked.

Rob
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"
June 28, 2005 8:29:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

"Jim Brown" <jimbo@wells.net> You're digging it round, when it aughta
Be SQUARE

>"Dennis" <drjudsjr@verizon.netSCRAPE.com> wrote in message
>> btpage0630@yahoo.com You're digging it round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

>> >No kidding. The fact that names would be included where we've had
>> >absolutely NO time to evaluate their contributions makes it a bit of a
>> >farce.
>> >
>> >Brent
>>
>> Popularity contest...
>

>Worse than that...name recognition contest.

so upon further review that poll has a dumb-ass bias?

--
"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:35:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.football.college,alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers,alt.impeach.bush,alt.politics.bush (More info?)

"Aaron Ginn" <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote

> Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
> bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
>
> Where did you go to school, anyway?

Probably went to school somewhere that spells it "pamphlets."
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:36:00 PM

"E-Man" <eric_herrera@comcast.net> writes:

> "Aaron Ginn" <aaron.ginn@gmail.com> wrote
> >
> > Dood, I think you are seriously confused. Thomas Jefferson wrote a
> > bunch of pamflets called Common Sense.
> >
> > Where did you go to school, anyway?
> >

> Probably went to school somewhere that spells it "pamphlets."

Where? Phrance?

--
"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and
nobody wants to read."

"Larry Coon" <lcnospam@assist.org> wrote in message
> Jeremey wrote:
>
> > #3, how could they possibly adopt what you seem to think is the
> > Declaration of Independence on the Fourth of July? All government
offices
> > are *closed* on the Fourth of July, fool.
>
> 1776 was a leap year. The fourth actually fell on the third.

Well, sure. Under the Gregorian calendar...

--
Jeremey
!