LG VX6100 - Strange Communication Lapse

Last week I helped my father do the new every two thing and he picked out
the 6100. It was free, so he figured why not?

However, there is now a strange communication problem when he receives a
call.

It doesn't matter who calls, whether from within the network, other
cellular networks or land line, whenever he answers the call there is about
4-5 seconds where he cannot communicate to the caller.

After that period of time, everything is normal and the phone works great.

What is up with that? This isn't normal is it? At first, I just thought
it was him - he is bad with technology.

However, after using his phone myself, I understand that something is not
quite right.

Any thoughts? I know you geeks out there probably know the answer!

Thanks in advance,
BigBob

mellow

This is probably the volume bug that was fixed in version 2 firmware. I
just got my phone a couple months ago and it still had version 1. I had to
take it into one of the main Verizon stores and ask them to upgrade it to
Ver 2. You can call ahead to make sure the location you choose can do the
upgrade for you. It takes like 30-45 minutes.

Thor