Black ops 2 mp not working

zzirgrizz

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
i got blackops 2 and while my laptop is **** for gaming (i3 380m) everytime i try to join an mp or zombie game it takes years to join and i get kicked. i've tried it in custom game and the game does run. i was able to play and join mw3 fine. please help

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
It was just a server glitch, hundreds (thousands) of people were having the problem a couple days ago including myself. I played last night it worked fine so I'd just try it again I think it was just a server problem.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Your problem should be fixed now (of course this could happen occasionally when servers are struggleling but shouldn't happen all the time).

If you're still experiencing this issue, then your problem may be your hard drive. In that case, upgrading your laptop's hard drive to a proper SSD drive would fix that problem right away...unless of course you have an entry level CPU...in which case, a complete upgrade is required.

Hopefully, you're issues were server related and not laptop related.

eriko

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008

RESPONSE>

Horse ***.

What does the physical makeup of the hard disk make to the problem?

And even if an 'entry-level' cpu is present, does it not choose to start B Ops 2 because of that?

I"m running 3920XM, twin SSDs in RAID0, and 16GB of 1866MHz RAM, so tell me why I can't also find any matches to join?

BTW, as network engineer, I can tell you there is nothing wrong my connection...

Please switch off your PC, go out into the street and give it to the first person you see....

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

Wow, I'll do that but first, let me explain my logic...to you Mr Engineer (I'm also a computer engineer, a professional programmer, and a consultant...if wanna go into a "Title" war)...

You may have skipped the little part where I say "Your problem should be fixed now... *** ... If you're still experiencing this issue..."

There are several factors to consider here.

1 - Loading time caused by "slow" reads from hard drive, which causes the host to kick player for inactivity (this would be both a hardware and software issue). Hardware being the read/load time is too slow for the host and therefor getting the boot; Software: the way Treyarch programmed it's time delay before host kicks "inactive" players.

2 - Connectivity/bandwith: If the map loads right away but he gets booted out (after map is loaded), then he's not "connecting" to the host. Could be his internet connection or other factors such as Firewall or port blocks from ISP.

3 - User's settings: Treyarch has a criteria setting for the type of "NAD" or games where the user may have chosen only "very good" or surrounding games. By selecting that option, your game will refuse to connect to hosts that aren't in your neighborhood or with good enough connection. Changing that setting will obviously change the amount of games it finds.

So, I'm assuming his problem's fixed now (most likely the code related to host & clients needed to be tweaked by Treyarch).

Alxa

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Hi, I know I may be jumping into this thread quite late but I'm having the same issue. It's more related to no.1: loading time to maps is very slow and as it finally finishes, I get kicked out. I don't think my computer is too bad for it... It's not a gaming computer (it's an ultrabook) but it has a core i5 with 4GB of ram. At first I thought I just had really bad internet (which may still be the case), as I'm using hotel wifi/a usb dongle but the task manager showed that there was no network usage (a speed test also showed the hotel wifi made it to 10mbps so it should be do-able). I don't know. I'm not the best with these. Sorry if I sound amusingly helpless and lost.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

You should start your own thread next time (and perhaps refer to this one as reference).

CPU and RAM can but won't help much when it comes to load times. CPU can help the transfer process and RAM won't help but can hurt you if you don't have enough (I'd say 3-4GB is enough with a 64 bit OS).

Unfortunately, laptops typically have HDDs with a rather low reading speed. I'm assuming loading Windows takes quite a while also (rather than <15 secs before it's all done). That's why SSDs are so great (but expensive). Replacing your HDD for an SSD would fix your load times dramatically but unlike a desktop computer, you wouldn't be able to just "add" another drive. You'd have to replace your HDD for an SSD and given it'd be your only hard drive, i'd assume you'd want nothing less than 256GB SSD which if you want reliability, would be INTEL SSD...which can run you a pretty penny...not to mention opening your laptop to replace it, reinstalling windows, etc.

Another disadvantage (and reason why "green" HDDs are usually the default option for laptops) is that SSDs take a lot more juice than HDDs. So if you play on batteries then don't expect much.

Makes sense? If you want more info, start a new thread.