Views of the GTX 560 TI

Samuelquick

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I own a GTX 560 Ti.
I'm wondering how this compares to most other graphics cards in the market.
Is it worth buying 1 more for a CrossFire setup?
or to save up for a much nicer, new one?

Solution
its a mid level high end card. on new games it will give high performance at high settings. ultra will be a push on games like bf3 as you wont get 60 fps adding in another car in sli (crossfire is a term for amd cards only) will give a good 80%+ boost on fps for most games but you will need to enable vsync or you will suffer microstutter.
so this will in itself negate most of the performance gains for high fps but will make your minimum fps much better and game play smoother on more demanding games...
today if your buying a new card you want to go as high as you can for a reasonable price and thats the 660ti it gives marginally better fps across the board but will cost a fair bit more than a 560ti so if you dont want to spend a lot of...
560 Ti is a high end card by all means (this is how it is labeled everywhere).
Its one of the best deals when it comes performance for buck, and still a powerfull card.

Sure, you might not be able to max all games out there, but by a relativly small margin.

While newer GPUs are definitly better, those are not needed yet since the graphics on games is hardly progresing latly.

Among the most demanding games, metro 2033 (can run full hd high settings), Witcher 2 (can run full hd High settings), Battlefield 3 (can run full hd ultra settings),
etc.

The problem is that if you go higher (for example a GTX 580, since 570 is almost same as 560 Ti when you overclock), the price goes up so much, that you are getting ripped off.

its a mid level high end card. on new games it will give high performance at high settings. ultra will be a push on games like bf3 as you wont get 60 fps adding in another car in sli (crossfire is a term for amd cards only) will give a good 80%+ boost on fps for most games but you will need to enable vsync or you will suffer microstutter.
so this will in itself negate most of the performance gains for high fps but will make your minimum fps much better and game play smoother on more demanding games...
today if your buying a new card you want to go as high as you can for a reasonable price and thats the 660ti it gives marginally better fps across the board but will cost a fair bit more than a 560ti so if you dont want to spend a lot of money then sli is a viable choice for that card...

Solution

Samuelquick

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thank you all very much for the advice.
I'm not ready to upscale for a new card I think, because I can pick up another one of these for only 150 bucks (Thank God for clearance sales).
My budget for cards is under 250 usually.
Unless I win the lottery.... then I go buy 4 GTX 690's. XD

TRENDING THREADS