GA-7VAXP Ultra O/C Issues

AlexiD12

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
I finally figured out the CTL-F1 trick in bios to open up the memory timing features, but I cant bump the system bus without having the pci and agp bus go up which caused my system to freeze. Anyone know how to lock the PCI/AGP buses at 33/66?

For some reason my RADEON 9700 wouldnt work with the VIA $hit drivers. Its been a nightmare. I finally sent the card back for a replacement, if same thing happens, I'm RMAing it for a ASUS NForce and be done with it.

svol

Champion
You can't lock the AGP/PCI speeds with the KT400 chipset. But you should be able to select the divider that makes the AGP/PCI bus running within spec.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I had almost the same board a while back, the plain Ga7vaxp, and it overclocks very poorly, even with the top performance option disabled. I would get rid of the board, and get yourself an Abit Nf7s or Epox 8rda+ for overclocking, the Asus board is a complete waste of money, and can't unlock the multipliers on its own

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I would reccomend the Abit NF7 as well, I just bought this and I have been able to get a few more Mhz out of my 2100. A little more work and I will post my results in my own thread.

--
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace."
"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy."
-George Washington

AlexiD12

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
There doesn't seem to be a damn PCI/bus divider.Its either 100MHz or AUTO. Mine defaults to 133 automatically. Since I got a thouroughbred B core, the bridges are already closed. I got it up to 2700+ speed just by tweaking the multiplers. Its running at 40C with the overclock.

I'm running my GEIL 3200 memory at aggressive settings and it takes it no problem, just wish I could really tax the memory by upping the bus.