Discovery Channel Lists Top 10 Americans

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats.d,soc.veterans (More info?)

Looks like the people in America know greatness when they see it. No wonder
the demoncrats can't win elections anymore. If this list is any indication
they may never win another election again. America loves the GOP.

The top 10 list of Greatest Americans as voted by America for
Discovery Channel's Greatest American

10. Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. Oprah Winfrey
8. Elvis
7. Bill Clinton
6. George W. Bush
5. Ben Franklin
4. George Washington
3. Martin Luther King
2. Abe Lincoln
1. Ronald Reagan

Venger wrote:
> CLB is a reverse troll. He isn't conservative. He posts ostensibly
> conservative pieces, but uses weak logic and reasoning in order
> to sap the conservative case.

You're absolutely right. It also helps someone to have a good
sense of humor to spot the fraudulent nature of his posts. I read
a conservative impersonating a liberal, and he really had people
mad as hell. He'd say stuff like "abortion should be legal for up
to 24 weeks /after/ birth. It was funny. Has anyone ever listened
to the Phil Hendrie Show? He is both the host and the guest, but
people call in thinking it's a real guest, and mad as hell, because
this "guest" is saying some really outrageous things. It's hilarious
sometimes. Same kinda thing, but no agenda, except to be funny.

>> Do you care to explain how the Skull and Bones Society fits
>> in with today's compassionate Christianity?

I never have understood how people could take all that Skull &
Bones talk seriously, anymore than friggin Animal House. It's
just Animal House with richer kids, and not as wild. A joke.
(( {:->\

" Ford Prefect" <tommysfanclub@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Do you care to explain how the Skull and Bones Society fits in with
>> > today's
>> > compassionate Christianity?
>>
>> First, S&B is a crank group.
>

> I have been to Yale. They don't consider themselves a "crank group".
> Maybe your meant "prank" but in either case, they themselves take what
> they
> do quite seriously.

The seriousness is part of the bit. Honestly, they might as well have called
it the He Man Woman Haters' Club.

> Honestly, this is no more a secret society than
>> some old woman's scrapbooking group, or friendship cake circle.
>
> You equating what the S&B does with a knitting circle??? Come on...

Dude, it's a college secret society - name one thing in college that is
serious.

> But is it not our duty, as Christians, to point out the error of our
> brothers' ways?

Then you may do so without saying "Jeb Bush is no Christian." That's not for
me or you to know or decide.

> I question the faith of people like Clinton and Bush, when they tout it on
> soapbox, while committing murder in my and Gods name.

Was Jeb even in S&B? I would dispute the murder charge as well. Leaders of
nation must act in their nations interest, and the Bible is filled with
examples of the Lord both directing and supporting such actions.

One can be opposed to policies or acts, even consider them un-Christian,
without questioning their faith. Who among us can stand up to scrutiny of a
perfect devotion to our faith? That doesn't make us faithless...

Venger

memory705@hotmail.com wrote:
>> The top 10 list of Greatest Americans as voted by America for
>> Discovery Channel's Greatest American
>>
>> 10. Franklin D. Roosevelt
>> 9. Oprah Winfrey
>> 8. Elvis
>> 7. Bill Clinton
>> 6. George W. Bush
>> 5. Ben Franklin
>> 4. George Washington
>> 3. Martin Luther King
>> 2. Abe Lincoln
>> 1. Ronald Reagan
>

> Why is Oprah way down at number nine? She's the world's ONLY black
> billionaire according to Forbes latest global billionaire lists, the
> most influential person in literature, the queen of all media, and the
> most brilliant and charismatic improvisational entertainer that the
> world has ever known. I'm very surprised that the American people did
> not rank her much higher. She deserves to be #1.

Oprah got rich in the 80s by putting bullshift ideas in womens
heads, making them feel their "man" was doing them wrong,
and actually broke up a lot of previously happily married couples.
Day after day after day, it was "is your man cheating on you?
Here are the signs", and "the men who hate women, and the
women who love them"(look it up)and, well, you get the picture.
She became very wealthy off this destructive trash tv, and then
slyly morphed into her angelic, matriarchal airs.
Reminds me of exactly the way that mafia godfathers evolve.
They get rich off their low-down activities, then put up a
legitimate 'front' in an attempt to be respected as an upstanding
citizen, their kids going to expensive schools, etc. etc. etc.
Oprah is no one to look up to, IMHO.
R~B

<memory705@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> 10. Franklin D. Roosevelt
>> 9. Oprah Winfrey
>> 8. Elvis
>> 7. Bill Clinton
>> 6. George W. Bush
>> 5. Ben Franklin
>> 4. George Washington
>> 3. Martin Luther King
>> 2. Abe Lincoln
>> 1. Ronald Reagan
>

> Why is Oprah way down at number nine? She's the world's ONLY black
> billionaire according to Forbes latest global billionaire lists, the
> most influential person in literature, the queen of all media, and the
> most brilliant and charismatic improvisational entertainer that the
> world has ever known. I'm very surprised that the American people did
> not rank her much higher. She deserves to be #1.

Your Troll Application has been DENIED.

Venger