Banned on Black Ops issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Hey guys, just downloaded Black Ops 2 which reminded me how much I liked Black Ops Zombies (and MP also). Problem is: I'm perma-banned on Black Ops 1 because I joined some crazy hacked lobby and picked up a python that shot rpgs (? lol). So I'm curious how I would go about contacting Activision or Treyarch to try to get unbanned. I'd even be willing to buy the game again but I don't how I can do that since I already have it purchased in Steam.

they only ban you on the game you cheat on... you should be able to play black ops 2 without issue.
whether you intended to cheat is not an issue. you got caught doing something you shouldnt so they banned you fair and square but it is only fro that game...
if you do it again on another game they will ban you from that 2. the thing is that if you repeatedly use cheats they will eventually ban your whole account, but for now it should only be the 1 game your banned from.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, you shouldn't be banned from a completely different game. Also, you can try sending them an email, explaining the situation, although that may not help much. But it will be good to keep a record of it, just in case you DO encounter problems with BO2. You really shouldn't, but you never know.

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
No no no I'm not banned from Black Ops 2, sorry I worded that weird. I'm just banned from Black Ops 1 and I'm trying to figure out how I can get back online even if I have to buy the game again.
And since it's purchased in my steam library I don't know how i
I can 'repurchase' it.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
You shouldn't be asking us. You should be contacting Steam Customer Support at https://support.steampowered.com/ and talking to them.

If you were banned it was because your gamertag was found to be modding, hacking, cheating or boosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.