Eagles Owens Traded to Oakland

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html

What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this? Jerry
Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
never win the big game.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles (More info?)

That would be NUTS! After TO's performance last year, I can't see
losing him.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 01:19:19 -0400, Terrell Owens Fan wrote:

> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
>
> What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this? Jerry
> Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
> never win the big game.

And um... WHERE do you get it that he was traded? Because, you know,
saying that there was a trade does not make it so.

GregoryD

Terrell Owens Fan wrote:
> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
>
> What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this? Jerry
> Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
> never win the big game.

Because the Iggle's wouldn't redo his contract. I can't blame them for
trading him. He's nothing but a freaking headache.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
> What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this?
Jerry
> Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
> never win the big game.

NERD: it seems to me that league management has met and made a secret
antitrust type agreement to NOT renegotiate contracts. i think the GMs want
to sort of make a statement as far as that goes.
nerdmann

"Terrell Owens Fan" <TORulez@terrellowens.com> wrote in message
> http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
>
> What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this? Jerry
> Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
> never win the big game.

Your handle says it all.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles (More info?)

You already have even before this trade *if* it's true.

"trijcomm" <trijcomm@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1120248837.584589.33410
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

>>By the way, I think the Chargers better start talking to Ty Law
because
> regardless of the T.O. deal, the Raiders are going deep this year. The
> Chargers are going to have a lot of chances to >pick off Collins.
>
> Collins is awful -- T.O. or no T.O., R.M. or no R.M.

<snip>

Eagles | Owens Trade Laughable
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:25:26 -0700

Ruben Franks, of phillyBurbs.com, reports a Philadelphia Eagles official
laughed off broadcast rumors that had the Eagles and Oakland Raiders
discussing a trade that would ship disgruntled WR Terrell Owens to
Oakland for WR Jerry Porter. "It won't happen," he said.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 01:19:19 -0400, "Terrell Owens Fan"
<TORulez@terrellowens.com> wrote:

>http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
>
>What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this? Jerry
>Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can

Yeah, he's not TO. That's the point.

Rob
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

> TO + Randy Moss + blackhole = psychotic looney bin in Oakland
> If that happens, it needs to be made into a reality show. Smell the
> ratings!

NERD: just win, baby.
nerdmann

"JeffH" <jeffh_102082@yahoo.com> wrote in

> trijcomm wrote:
>> >By the way, I think the Chargers better start talking to Ty Law
>> >because
>> regardless of the T.O. deal, the Raiders are going deep this year.
>> The Chargers are going to have a lot of chances to >pick off Collins.
>>
>> Collins is awful -- T.O. or no T.O., R.M. or no R.M.
>
> Collins isn't awful, He's perfect for the Raiders cause they just bomb
> the ball. I could care less how Owen's acts, He's a damn good receiver
> and if someone disagrees with that they are making a fool of themself.
> I am no fan of the Raiders, In fact my *beloved* New England
> Patriooooos will throw the raiders into the ropes for the big boot and
> then finish them off with the legdrop week 1 brother.
>
> JeffH
> Moss/Owens = Top 2 WR in the league. Stats dont lie.

Hmmmm.soounds like we've heard this b4 - Oh yeah - David Boston anyone?

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

If this idea is the Oakland version of the idea of "team" then it's no
wonder Oakland is struggling. Chemistry-wise it's probably the worst
pairing of mind-numbing, anti-team, self-absorbed, self-destructive
sentiment that I have ever seen.

Moss said he wouldn't mind playing with TO "if". If? If what, can you
guess? Take a wild guess. "As long as I get the number of balls that I
deserve."

Now there's a team-first guy for you.

Think '01 Patriots and the idea of team. Forget about it, this idea of
Moss/TO is a lunatic fringe idea that is going nowhere. Oakland fans must
be incredibly lame to even want either this or Ricky Williams.

"Araxen" <araxen@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Terrell Owens Fan wrote:
> > http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html
> >
> > What possible reason would the Eagles want to make a trade like this?
Jerry
> > Porter is a pretty good player but he's not TO. No wonder the Eagles can
> > never win the big game.
> >

> Because the Iggle's wouldn't redo his contract. I can't blame them for
> trading him. He's nothing but a freaking headache.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.games.final-fantasy,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots (More info?)

The other issue would be that Oakland has had some real salary cap
problems so, trying to add another high salary player like either T.O. or R
Williams would worsen their situation a lot.
It seems to me that they already go rid of Woodson, a very good player or
someone like that due to the salary cap problem.