Can My Motherboard \

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
November 2, 2012 1:51:54 PM

I have Asus p5kpl am/ps motherboard and i want to use windows 8. But when i go to asus downloads there are no drivers for windows 8 for this motherboard. Where can i find drivers ?

More about : motherboard

November 2, 2012 3:36:00 PM

Windows 8 should detect your motherboard and its components and install drivers itself. Your motherboard is a socket 775 (am I right), a few years old, and wont officially support Windows 8, but I would imagine that Windows 8 will support your motherboard, if you see what I mean. Have you tried to install Windows 8? I would guess that it will install.
m
l
November 2, 2012 3:37:00 PM

Most of the drives included with Windows 8 should be fine. However you might need to identify any components (chipsets) that are not working and locate and install the latest drivers from the component manufacturers (for example, Intel for the Intel G31/ICH7 chipset drivers, Realtek for the LAN & audio drivers).
m
l
November 24, 2012 4:12:49 PM

Hellrider said:
I have Asus p5kpl am/ps motherboard and i want to use windows 8. But when i go to asus downloads there are no drivers for windows 8 for this motherboard. Where can i find drivers ?

m
l
!