Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good site that offers "hacked" bios, or if they have used or done any modifications themselves? I am curious as to what extent you can change bios settings and what not with these modifications. Thankyou all for your help!

gamefoo21

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2003
i am looking for a hacked bios but i don't understand the french and my mobo is a ga-6vtxe(-a)

Beer and fragging can never be one.

I do not know of any hacked bios for your board. There a 2 programs that I know of that will help.

Beta 4/way from the Geforce dearest comrade page. This allows you to force AGP 4X and 4/way memory interleave. A simple program run from your Autoexec.bat file

WPCRedit and WPCRset from H-oda.com Much harder to use (for me anyways) but allows you to change almost every chipset option.

I aint signing nothing!!!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.biosmods.com" target="_new">Binary's BIOSMOD</A> has some mod'd BIOSes (as the site name implies) but none of them are for recent mobos. On the main page you'll find some links for mod'd Abit BIOSes. If you dig deeper you'll find IWILL BIOS mods and one Epox mod (8K7A+ I think).

You'll also find a couple of programs, modbin and modbin6, which are for mod'ing Award BIOS bin files. I've never tried it. Needless to say, use them at your own risk.

I don't know where you can find BIOS mods for anything else.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Another tech website (I think it was AMD 3d), took some Nforce2 and Kt400 boards and actually tore out the bios chips from the board and switched them. They "changed" an Abit Nf7-S into an Epox 8k9a2+, and also used an Asus a7n8x bios on an Epox 8rda+. Cool stuff, worth a search sometime

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Well, thanks for the help guys. I'll check that stuff out and see what I can find. The bios I have right now isn't to bad, I am just curious as to what other features a modified bios might give to me. Thanks again for the help!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks.

Don't think I've ever seen <A HREF="http://www.amd3d.com" target="_new">www.amd3d.com</A>.

I check it out when I get a chance.

<b>99% is great, unless you are talking about system stability</b>