Sign in with
Your question

tbred question

Last response: in Overclocking
March 14, 2003 4:36:42 PM

Hi again, I just ordered a new cpu and this one is a 2100+ TBRED-B and I was wondering how to unlock this chip and if its easier to do than unlocking a palomino. Also I heard that some tbreds come unlocked, and that all you need to do is change the multiplier in the bios [i have a gigabyte 7dxE], is that revision B? thanks in advance!

More about : tbred question

March 14, 2003 5:03:42 PM

It is way easier... that one comes default unlocked for the 5x-12.5x range. And you can swithc to the 13x+ range by only breaking the last L3 bridge.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: 
March 14, 2003 6:28:58 PM

You don't have to since it's already unlocked. Mine can change its multiplier 13.5 and up. As a matter of fact, its setting is FSB 133MHz and <b><font color=red>13X</font color=red></b> multiplier (1733MHz).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 14, 2003 8:28:43 PM

Yep.

Take a look at those L1 bridges. If there is NOT a visable cut, of some kind or another, then that processor is unlocked.

Look at the L3 bridges. You will see some "cut" bridges. If the L1's don't look *anything* like that, then they are closed.

All you have to do is start overclocking. I'd suggest, right off the top, to close that bottom L3 bridge, and drop back down to the 5-12.5x multipliers. And raise your FSB to 166. Then crank up the multiplier from that.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser
March 15, 2003 1:34:59 PM

If you got a nForce2 chipset it will unlock all multipliers so I guess you got a nForce2 mobo.
Or an Athlon XP2100+ CPU with T-bredB core.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: 
March 15, 2003 1:44:56 PM

Yes, it also is XP2100+ Tbred B core. Right now, I'm running at 2250MHz or XP2800+ (166*13.5) at 1.65V core on Abit NF7-S.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
March 15, 2003 1:52:17 PM

Default unlocked for the higher multipliers and a nForce2 mobo... lucky guy.

!