Looking for a new software firewall with a built-in statis..

I have been using Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 for quite some time,
and I prefer it over any other software firewall I have ever tried.
Until recently I havent had any problems with it, but now the service
crashes during startup occasionally, even after reinstalling it.

The main reason that I like this firewall is because of the built in
status window that shows detailed info for all open connections as
well as listening ports. Also KPF 2.1.5 is not loaded down with extra
features that I dont care to use.(Like ZAP...)

I guess what im looking for is a simple packet filtering firewall that
provides detailed status information for current connections.

Thanks for any help.

Boltar <User@domain.com> wrote in

> I have been using Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 for quite some time,
> and I prefer it over any other software firewall I have ever tried.
> Until recently I havent had any problems with it, but now the service
> crashes during startup occasionally, even after reinstalling it.
>
> The main reason that I like this firewall is because of the built in
> status window that shows detailed info for all open connections as
> well as listening ports. Also KPF 2.1.5 is not loaded down with extra
> features that I dont care to use.(Like ZAP...)
>
> I guess what im looking for is a simple packet filtering firewall that
> provides detailed status information for current connections.
>
> Thanks for any help.

I use Active Ports (free) on a routine basis that gives me all the
information needed in real time concerning connections. I even have a
short-cut for Active Ports in the start folder so that I can get a clear
picture as to what is connecting at boot. I can use Active Ports and any
PFW solution needed, which will give the connection information.

Duane :)

TRENDING THREADS