Sign in with
Your question

850E or Granite/Rambus1066 vs dualddr

Last response: in Overclocking
March 17, 2003 9:27:14 PM

am considering builing my 4th computer. Price is not an obstacle. In reading Tom's articles, it seems to me there is a perfomace decline in the new Granite chipset with dual ddr vs Rambus 1066. I am interested in other peoples experiece and opinions on this matter to resolve my quandry. Also, are there any other advantages to the Granite chipset that 850E doesnt support. In other words if I choose an 850E mobo, is there any thing I wont be able to do? Thanks to all.
March 21, 2003 6:32:50 AM

well, RamBus is slowly dwindling out of sight, and IMHO go Dual DDR without a question.. sorry i dun feel like goin into it more, maybe in the morn' (heh, its like 330 am :p )

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>
April 20, 2003 3:15:32 AM

Quote:
am considering builing my 4th computer. Price is not an obstacle. In reading Tom's articles, it seems to me there is a perfomace decline in the new Granite chipset with dual ddr vs Rambus 1066. I am interested in other peoples experiece and opinions on this matter to resolve my quandry. Also, are there any other advantages to the Granite chipset that 850E doesnt support. In other words if I choose an 850E mobo, is there any thing I wont be able to do? Thanks to all.

There isn't anything out there today that you wont be able to do with an I850E chipset board with PC 1066 RDR.

The Granite Bay boards do bring AGP 8X to the table but there isn't anything out that will make use of 8X yet.

Here's <A HREF="http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_..." target="_new">Gigabyte's</A> motherboard page. You can compare the Granite Bay and GA-8INXP features there.
!