Fan Controller

BlueD0T

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
I’m getting a fan controller ( http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-06.htm ,UC-A5FATR2 ) to help manage all my case fans and such, but I don’t know what type of fan to get to work with a fan controller. Should I get fans with thermal sensors, or not, or does it not matter? I wanted to get a powerful fan, sense I will be able to turn down the speed at night so I can sleep. Anyone know what’s good?? I was thinking about getting COOLER MASTER SAF-B83 Single Ball Bearing Fan. Size: 80 x 80 x 25 mm. Rated Voltage: 12 VDC Bearing Type: DUAL BALL. Input Current: 0.15 A ( 0.17 A max. ). Rotation Speed: 2500 RPM. Acoustical Noise: 26.0 dB(A). Input Power: 1.80 W. Life Expectance: 50,000 hrs. Only 5.75 each from newegg… any input on good fans or the type of fan I should be looking for would be great… thinks blue

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Well if you're looking for some nice powerfull fans those aren't, though on a non-overcloked system those are fine... You don't want fans that have thermal rpm controlling because they won't work well with the fan controller. Depending on what you want and what your application is you can also look for some more silent fans, or perhaps some more powerfull fans, it all depends... You can always take a look at some Vantec Tornados for probably the most powerfull (in terms of cfm ... 80 and 104cfm respectively) fan available on the market (in 80mm and 92mm sizes), or some panaflo or papst fans which are the quietest.

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

BlueD0T

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2003
ok thinks for the help :)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BlueD0T on 03/17/03 09:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>