chaintech apogee 7jnl1 or epox 8rda+

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
dude, I've been wanting that chaintech for a while now... guess what i'm gonna answer.

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
u really think the epox dude ? hmmmm, i dunno, that chaintech just looks cool, heh. maybe its just me i guess, but i'd figure-out ways to make it OC just as good 'caus i like everythin else w/it

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

vk2amv

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
According to reviews the Chaintech performs worse than the 8RDA+. The chaintech is pretty much at the bottem of the bunch for most of the nforce2 motherboards. Its redeeming quality is its extras though. So I recommend the 8RDA+.
AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

svol

Champion
Yeah I love the extra OC options Epox puts on their boards... while other boards need modding.
The Chaintech sure looks very cool... but in the OC world the 8RDA+ really rocks.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Well :tongue:

Apap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
If you really want to OC as high as possible, get the epox!It has the best track record,high fsb speeds,and a good price. Get the chaintech if you want a pretty mobo.

system spec or witty quote , still thinking.....

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
exactly my point ! pretty mobo ! i'm getting soooooooo tired of the red PCB of my MSI KT3Ultra and that chaintech... bah, i like it... mind you, the Asus NForce 2 mobo is nice too... but that piss yellow pcb is butt-ass-ugly

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
well i like the silver/black chaintech boards :tongue: ... mind you, a white board would be kinda cool... so would a blue board... and a pure crisp black one (i know someone makes, can't remember who) with a black light and some white UV painted circuitry would be kewl too... oh well, hehhe

Javic

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002
The hell with the color, it could be NEON PINK for all I care. Why waste money on color when you can put that money to good use on PERFORMANCE! Yeah yeah, I know all you guys who have to have the coolest looking, multi color, see inside, light up rig out there. Go on, spend your money on the flashy lights while I sit back here with my normal beige rig that will blow the doors off your "supermodel pc". :tongue:

BTW, just bought 4 more WD1200JB drives and 2 WD2000JB's. Now I just need another 3Ware 7500-8 :smile:

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Nah dude, the point is having the hadware and showing it off - your beige box pc might be nice, but half the modding hobby is choppin' up yur case, and more than half the time to boost yur performance. Wait n see my pics of my watercoolin' rig when i'm done, AND my specs and we'll se what you have to say, ohk.

brendini

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
You could be stylish and go with the chaintech, but you don't want to end up kicking yourself when your computer is on its last legs and you want to get every ounce of ocd power out of it.

<Brendini>

svol

Champion
Yeah those silver Soltek boards look pretty cool too. But the green fits nicely to my darkblue case, my black SB Live! and red GeForce4 Ti4200. :lol:
I don't have a windows so I don't really care how they look like... unless they're equally priced and performing the same.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Weeeelllll, I do have a window :smile: hehehe, and will have even more in the new case once the watercooling is in (only have 1 side window now for noise reduction purposes).