Please help! Games minimize while playing full screen

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
When I'm playing video games on my pc the game will minimize at seemingly random intervals. It is VERY frustrating and annoying. I have not been able to fix this issue yet despite doing a bit of research on it. I saw the following thread here at this forum where a member had the same issue I'm having and he found out what was causing the minimizing by using Game Booster 3: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/115032-13-random-game-minimize. I have since downloaded/installed Game Booster 3 and do not see how he figured out what was causing the issue by using this software. I allow Game Booster 3 to shut down unnecessary processes in the background to boost my performance by an estimated 42% but I am still getting the minimizing of games.

Can someone PLEASE help?

Core 2 quad Q6600 @2.40 GHZ
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
P.S. I read somewhere else that someone had this issue when using the newest version of Avast antivirus. I am using the newest version on my machine myself, version 7.0.1466. Could this be somehow causing it and if so, what should I do?

Thanks again!

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Yea it definitely could be the anti virus. A program normally minimizes if another application takes priority. Otherwise, the other apps just run in the background. The game booster will not switch of the anti virus. Check the anti virus settings. See if you're allowed net access. If it's still causing problems after you've gone through and altered the settings, change it. Norton, McAffee and Windows Security are good protection programs. Switch to any one of them.