compaq 5240

I have had this computer for years, not a computer geek. but after
all these years and hearing other people talk, i have come to the
conclusion that this model of compaq's is a lemon.

can anyoen let me know if this is correct?
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq 5240

    As far as I am concerned, any Compaq system with a Presario logo on it should
    have a yellow dimpled chassis. Presarios have consistently been outfitted with
    bottom-of-the-barrel peripherals and motherboards and off-sized parts and
    connectors. It's amazes me that they manage to run for very long at all.

    I know that this response will attract flames, but this is the harsh reality I
    have seen in personally servicing thousands of computers over the years.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:30:52 +0000,
    Patrick.Lamattina@AIG-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (lifer) wrote:

    >I have had this computer for years, not a computer geek. but after
    >all these years and hearing other people talk, i have come to the
    >conclusion that this model of compaq's is a lemon.
    >
    >can anyoen let me know if this is correct?

    På Wed, 11 May 2005 17:55:53 +0200, skrev ben_myers_spam_me_not
    charter.net :

    > As far as I am concerned, any Compaq system with a Presario logo on it
    > should
    > have a yellow dimpled chassis. Presarios have consistently been
    > outfitted with
    > bottom-of-the-barrel peripherals and motherboards and off-sized parts and
    > connectors. It's amazes me that they manage to run for very long at all.
    >
    > I know that this response will attract flames, but this is the harsh
    > reality I
    > have seen in personally servicing thousands of computers over the years.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers

    I got my Presario 5686 in June 1999. It's been running fine since then.
    I have, with no problems, equipped it with a 1GHz CPU(originally 450MHz),
    512MB memory(orig.128), 64MB Graphic card (orig 8), DVD-burner(extra), two
    larger hdd and filled it up with ISA and PCI-cards.

    I guess you're right, though, but the picture isn't entirely dark

    --
    JP Loken
    Sending with M2, Opera

Compaq Computer Computers