Good RPG single player for windows 7

knookie

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good recent rpg game that will work on windows 7 64-bit with a good single player adventure. I'm not really into the MMORPG genre.

Any ideas welcome

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Skyrim
Neverwinter Nights 1
Fallout 3
Fallout NewVegas
Baldur's Gate 1 + 2
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magicka
Fallout 1 + 2
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Daggerfall
Sacred Gold

Dragon Age: Origins. (Dragon Age 2 is decent, but not as good)
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim (ordered from oldest to newest).
Torchlight 1 & 2
Diablo 3 (don't expect it to be as magical as you may have remembered Diablo 2, and it'll be good game).
Titan Quest: Immortal thrones

porl

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Witcher an witcher 2
deus ex human revolution
Oblivion
Skyrim
My personal faveroute of that lot would be witcher 2 great story great graphics amazing audio it's got the lot.

Jazz Candy

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
star wars : kotor 1 & 2 : amazing games but getting abit outdated, youll want to grab alot of mods to bring it up to date graphically,

force unleashed 1 & 2 are great , rpg element is abit light but its a themepark ( you do lvl to level, not open world )

Marvel ultimate alliance 1 & 2 are great if u enjoy your comic book kicks,

then there's fallout 3 ( i wouldn't recommend new vegas, but might be ur cup of tea ) which has a great story arc & awesome rpg elements, modding community is huge.

just wanted to recommend something different to the normal fantasy rpgs listed above :)

Since no one has mentioned it yet...

Mass Effect Trilogy.

The best part of the trilogy is the overall story and dialog options. Some choices have consequences in later games. Mass Effect 2 is probably the best of the three because of the various DLCs that expanded the game a bit. Mass Effect 3 has only thus far released only 1 DLC which has added additional gameplay. The 1st DLC was really just the expanded ending which offered a bit more closure than the original ending, but does not change how the trilogy ends.