Good Games to Play

musicmelody

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I am trying to make a list of games, that I can run now, and will be able to run with a new PC. I can currently run WoW at medium to high settings and Skyrim at low to medium settings.

I love RPG, character development, customization, long stories, replayability, and in-depth gameplay. Skyrim, WoW, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10, Loved em. I also like racing games with a built in story and customization, preferrably free-roam worlds, like underground and underground 2 (the free-roam in underground 2).

Not too much a fan of FPS, but I like halo series, and I am not a fan of RTS.

Some classics that I LOVE are Ogre Battle 64, and Tecmo's Deception.

Can anyone contribute to this list?

cfeth

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

I don't know...Your list is fairly good with WoW and skyrim, you could go for Assassins Creed or Diablo 3, though Diablo 3 is quite short in gameplay and it loses its fun factor when you reach max level, which is really fast.

musicmelody

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I have gotten kind of bored with WoW, and I played through skyrim and the dlc mostly already. I've just been trying to compile a list. Done D3 as well, bored of it. Assassins creed I need to look into the whole series. I'm mainly looking for games like Ogre Battle or Tecmo's Deception.

astronauticalguy

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Don't know if you like D&D game play but have you tried Baldur's gate I + II, Neverwinter Nights I + II (plus all the expansions for these games). The games are pretty cheap on amazon and you can get them as bundles from atari on amazon. I like them because you get to choose up to 6 characters to play through the games with. NWN II and BG II have much better graphics that the originals and you should be able to run them with high settings (but that's a guess without knowing your exact specs), and you could start with those and not miss out on the storyline too much.

...I could see how some people might hate these games...but I think they're great. :)

coppy45

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
You could try Continent of the ninth seal (mostly shortened to C9). It's free-to play on steam, and it's an MMO but very different in style to other's I've played (for example, you have to aim to attack; my friend referred to it as 'a cross between guild wars and dynasty warriors').
Though, I hear C9 is a cheap copy of Vindictus, another f2p MMO, and Vindictus is superior. Therefore, it's probably a better idea to get Vindictus (I would play it, but I'm currently using a laptop, so I'll wait until I have a PC).
Another game you could always try is lord of the rings online (LoTR universe is already a massive story, so it's bound to have a good storyline).
You could also try everquest 2 which is free to play.

vgamesinc

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

I am also having a list of the best mobile games and pc games here if any of you guys could give some reviews and want to see your favorite games added write us an email or leave a comment on the page.

tuxborg

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
I too, have become utterly disenchanted with MMO titles. The games have gone from revolutionary to predictable chores. Unfortunately I've also noticed that (skyrim being one of a few exceptions) the majority of the RPG market has been smothered by the success of MMOs. Diablo 3 is a great example. It was built to introduce a lot of mmo qualities into the ARPG genre and it ended up destroying replay value, gutting the serious fanbase, and leaving the game more forgettable than any of its predecessors.

The games I play now are all low-investment so I no longer feel so bad about picking a real stinker that had a lot of potential. My main-stays are: League of Legends, Civilization (cheap on steam a while back), Minecraft, Starcraft, and various half-life mods for when I need a dose of FPS. Natural Selection 2 is quite good for this.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Runes of magic very similar to wow and often called a wow clone
Most aeria games are mmorpg
Gothic series of games
The elder scrolls series
Fiesta online
Vampire blood lines the masquerade
Planescape torment
All of these i love and i'm also a huge mmorpg and rpg fan

Later this year some time
The elder scrolls online
Phantasy star online 2

I'm looking forward to both of these games.