Sign in with
Your question

Black Ops 2 Frame Drop?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 18, 2012 1:38:11 AM

So whenever i play Black ops 2 i get a random frame drops. It stays around 90fps (for about 5s), then suddenly drops to 15-30fps. The frames keep bouncing from 90 to 15. This happens in Single Player, Multi Player and in Zombies.

I tried reducing my graphics and kept a low depth of field but it seems to only make things worse. I tried verifying the cache with steam but still nothing.

I was playing on max settings on launch day and everything was perfectly fine. This problem started only yesterday.
I though it could be my GPU but BF3, F1 2012, Dirt 3 all run perfectly fine. It's also not lag because even SP is affected.
Could it be that AMD need an update for their driver for Blops2 just like nvidia?

Specs: i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz, 4X4gb corsair vengeance 1600, xfx 6870BE 1gb @940MHz.

Note: When I turn on "Sync every frame"(Vsync?) it seems to hold a steady 60fps longer (about 10s) but then again drops to 15fps.

Thanks.

More about : black ops frame drop

November 18, 2012 6:19:08 PM

Hello, I have been having the same issue as you but I usually have a steady 60fps which for me is playable and perfectly fine, however whenever I enter or face certain points of the maps it drops from 60-70 fps to 30-15 fps. I do believe that this is due to how badly this game has been optimized for the pc. If you take a look on the Bo2 forums on steam people are having the same issue as us. What specs do you have?
m
l
November 19, 2012 2:33:40 AM

Dylan Ellis said:
Hello, I have been having the same issue as you but I usually have a steady 60fps which for me is playable and perfectly fine, however whenever I enter or face certain points of the maps it drops from 60-70 fps to 30-15 fps. I do believe that this is due to how badly this game has been optimized for the pc. If you take a look on the Bo2 forums on steam people are having the same issue as us. What specs do you have?

Specs: i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz, 4X4gb corsair vengeance 1600, xfx 6870BE 1gb @940MHz, Asus P8z68v-Pro.
Specs are more than enough to run the game.

The only way i got it to work was to keep re-downloading the game. It will work for a day then mess up again then re-download it.

I can't find any permanent solution for the frame drop yet.
m
l
November 19, 2012 8:18:42 AM

When was the last time you updated your video drivers? Roll them back if you just did recently, may fix it.
m
l
!