Black Ops 2 Frame Drop?

So whenever i play Black ops 2 i get a random frame drops. It stays around 90fps (for about 5s), then suddenly drops to 15-30fps. The frames keep bouncing from 90 to 15. This happens in Single Player, Multi Player and in Zombies.

I tried reducing my graphics and kept a low depth of field but it seems to only make things worse. I tried verifying the cache with steam but still nothing.

I was playing on max settings on launch day and everything was perfectly fine. This problem started only yesterday.
I though it could be my GPU but BF3, F1 2012, Dirt 3 all run perfectly fine. It's also not lag because even SP is affected.
Could it be that AMD need an update for their driver for Blops2 just like nvidia?

Specs: i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz, 4X4gb corsair vengeance 1600, xfx 6870BE 1gb @940MHz.

Note: When I turn on "Sync every frame"(Vsync?) it seems to hold a steady 60fps longer (about 10s) but then again drops to 15fps.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about black frame drop
  1. Hello, I have been having the same issue as you but I usually have a steady 60fps which for me is playable and perfectly fine, however whenever I enter or face certain points of the maps it drops from 60-70 fps to 30-15 fps. I do believe that this is due to how badly this game has been optimized for the pc. If you take a look on the Bo2 forums on steam people are having the same issue as us. What specs do you have?
  2. Dylan Ellis said:
    Hello, I have been having the same issue as you but I usually have a steady 60fps which for me is playable and perfectly fine, however whenever I enter or face certain points of the maps it drops from 60-70 fps to 30-15 fps. I do believe that this is due to how badly this game has been optimized for the pc. If you take a look on the Bo2 forums on steam people are having the same issue as us. What specs do you have?

Specs: i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz, 4X4gb corsair vengeance 1600, xfx 6870BE 1gb @940MHz, Asus P8z68v-Pro.
    Specs are more than enough to run the game.

The only way i got it to work was to keep re-downloading the game. It will work for a day then mess up again then re-download it.

I can't find any permanent solution for the frame drop yet.
  3. When was the last time you updated your video drivers? Roll them back if you just did recently, may fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games