Status
Not open for further replies.

jwcollect

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002
I'm going to build a new PC which I intend to overclock and I would like to install water cooling but I'm a little nervous. Is there a water sensor that can be installed in the bottom of the PC so if there is a leak, a buzzer or light will come on. I know they have them for large datacenters that watercool their mainframes. Thanks.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
none that i know of but sounds like somethin i've now decided to make

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

samtesla

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2003
the local hardware stores or plumbing supply stores (how's that for high tech) sell such sensors. About the size of a deck of cards, with a wire and a sensor at the end, a 9V battery and serious sound effects when wet. Here at the mansion :) we have one such monitor tied to the central alarm in case the sump pumps fail. The standalone unit costs $10 or 12 or so...

If I may put a plug, Home Depot carries the Basement Watchdog alarm: SKU: #854911.
I have their $600 sump pump and it *rocks* :) but then the computer room is 10 feet away from the pump pit.

The Basement Watchdog Features:

Minimizes the risk of water damage when placed near problem areas

Sounds an alarm when water touches the sensor, only 1/32" deep

Solid-state circuitry is extremely sensitive and reliable

110dB alarm can be heard throughout the house

Alarm will sound up to three days

Battery will last 24-48 months

Place alarm on the floor, under sinks, near water heaters, in laundry rooms

Sensor has a 6' cord so it can be extended for hard to reach spaces

Requires a 9-volt alkaline battery (sold separately)

Status
Not open for further replies.