willymagilly65

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
my old laptop is a year old with intel i7 and when i play minecraft (which is really the only game i play) it lags really bad and has horrible fps. I was thinking about getting a new one and idk which one to get the AMD Quad-Core A10 Processor with Radeon it has 7660G Graphics it a Hp. Or should i get another intel i7. i will also like to play minecraft and recored as well, i would like to put my vidoes up on youtube.

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Try downloading 64 bit java if you have win 7 64 bit. Use the 64 bit version of internet explorer, go to the java website and the 64 bit java link will present itself.

This helps A LOT on a 64 bit system.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Completely upgrading a computer for Minecraft...well that's a first. lol

That said, I know minecraft is a lot more heavy than most people say. We need more info on your system to help you out. Minecraft is heavy on RAM...how much do you have? Your CPU is well above what you need for Minecraft. What GPU do you have in your laptop?

Aside from this, if you're going to upgrade for gaming purposes, I'd highly recommend a desktop (simply because it's much cheaper (for gaming) and is much easier to upgrade down the road).

Your specs?