Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rush Says 40 Dead No Big Deal

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 2:30:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

Finally a redumblican that has the same attitude towards the deaths of the
Londoners as he does towards the Iraqi citizens deaths. Of course it's the
exact opposite reaction then it should be as he should be equally concerned
instead of not caring.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200507080004

Limbaugh downplayed London bombings, claimed "40 people dead" is "not a
successful terrorist attack"

Nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh downplayed the death
toll from the July 7 London bombings.

On that afternoon's broadcast of his radio show, Limbaugh told
listeners, "It's like I said -- 40 people dead, 150 seriously wounded,
1,000 wounded out of over 1 million people in that transit tube. It's
not a successful terrorist attack, folks."

While Limbaugh apparently does not find the July 7 bombings
particularly significant, the The New York Times reported:

"The attacks were the worst in British memory since World War II."

From the July 7 broadcast of The Rush Limbaugh Show:

LIMBAUGH:

That's, ah, the mayor of London, Ken Livingstone. Very powerful,
excellent. And it was such a great contrast to what we're seeing in
our own media this morning with the hand-wringing I was speaking about
and the "Oh, woe is us" and "Oh, what did we do to cause this?" and
"Oh, does this mean we're going to get hit?" and "Oh ..." It's like I
said -- 40 people dead, 150 seriously wounded, 1,000 wounded, out of
over 1 million people in that transit tube. It's not a successful
terrorist attack, folks. They didn't succeed in doing anything, and
that's just what you just heard the mayor say: "You don't scare us.
You didn't accomplish diddly-squat. We've been through this before,
much worse than this. And look at us -- we're in the 20th century,
you're still back in the 14th century.

More about : rush dead big deal

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 2:30:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

also, Rush says there is unrest in the forest and trouble with the trees.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 3:27:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

"the Bede" <> also, Rush says there is unrest in the forest and trouble with
the trees.
>
>
The Mighty Oaks have monopolized the sunshine. But with hatchet and with
axe, we'll fix them and their little dog too.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:34:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

"the Bede" <rspwsownthebede@yahoo.com> wrote:
> also, Rush says there is unrest in the forest and trouble with the
> trees.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT

-Skeptopotamus
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:40:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

"Freedom Fries"- What is a plethora?

Goddamn it, get back in my killfile. At least until the death toll in
Iraq equals a bad afternoon in either WWII or the American Civil War.

--
TO
Turn those machines back on! TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK OOONNN!!
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:40:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

el Guapo wrote:
> "Freedom Fries"- What is a plethora?
>
> Goddamn it, get back in my killfile. At least until the death toll in
> Iraq equals a bad afternoon in either WWII or the American Civil War.

Limbo is a dumbass, admit it.....
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 12:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

"Freedom Fries" <BushWasResponsible@9/11.com>, sometimes I doubt your
commitment to Sparkle Motion!

>we're in the 20th century,
>you're still back in the 14th century.

Interesting... here in Canada, we're in the 21st century.


ESB
Damn time zones.



--

We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know,
first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second
prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

"el Guano" <mrtobrien@hcetirema.gnet> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d3a55234643f7c198a1b0@news.det.sbcglobal.net...
> "Freedom Fries"- What is a plethora?
>
> Goddamn it, get back in my killfile. At least until the death toll in
> Iraq equals a bad afternoon in either WWII or the American Civil War.



I'm sure our soldiers take comfort in the fact that you're sitting at home
downplaying
their deaths and injuries.

Coward.


>
> --
> TO
> Turn those machines back on! TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK OOONNN!!
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:28:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 22:30:58 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
<BushWasResponsible@9/11.com> wrote:

>"The attacks were the worst in British memory since World War II."

Actually, they were the worst in English memory. Lockerbie was much
worse, though granted, most of the people on the plane were Americans.

Anyway, Rush is basically right, just as Michael Moore was when he
said that lightning is more dangerous than terrorism. Well, he was
right; terrorist attacks have went up so much since Bush got elected
that it's hard to say any more.

Rob
ploovTeHSPaeMBLoKuR@charter.net

--

Owner of 2501 Netstalker Points awarded by Corwin of Amber, mainly
because Atma's just too damn attractive to get away from.

Gave 7499 Netstalker Points to Cypher because there's no such thing as
a good day on AGFF without JT bashing!

Owner of David Watson, rec.arts.anime.misc

"These days all the war games are like 'man down, we need an artillery
strike, bla bla bla.' Where is my version of the invasion of Iraq
where Saddam is a hundred feet tall and shooting ghosts out of his
head or where Afghanistan is defended by a dragon that drops eggs on
you?"
--Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons, Fashion SWAT "Retro SWAT 4"
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:21:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 22:30:58 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
<BushWasResponsible@9/11.com> wrote:

>Finally a redumblican that has the same attitude towards the deaths of the
>Londoners as he does towards the Iraqi citizens deaths. Of course it's the
>exact opposite reaction then it should be as he should be equally concerned
>instead of not caring.
>
>http://mediamatters.org/items/200507080004
>
>Limbaugh downplayed London bombings, claimed "40 people dead" is "not a
>successful terrorist attack"

How about quoting in context:

"It's not a successful terrorist attack, folks. They didn't succeed in
doing anything, and that's just what you just heard the mayor say:
"You don't scare us. You didn't accomplish diddly-squat. We've been
through this before, much worse than this. And look at us -- we're in
the 20th century, you're still back in the 14th century."

Note that Rush was paraphrasing the mayor of London.

40 people dead ISN'T a 'successful' terrorist attack, because the
PURPOSE of a terrorist attack is to generate TERROR, and they didn't
accomplish that (as they did in Spain). If the purpose were to kill
40 people, then yes they would have succeeded. But the deaths are a
MEANS to the desired goal, which the terrorists did not achieve -- the
UK is not 'terrified.'

You are inherently intellectually dishonest, like so many other
Leftists.

* * *

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing.
The ugliest thing is the man who thinks nothing is
worth fighting and dying for and lets men better
and braver than himself protect him."

- John Stuart Mill, 1859
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:53:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

TLG <none@none.com> wrote in news:hv33d1df8odviobdf6ifk6vg0uqoqlgfeg@
4ax.com:

> 40 people dead ISN'T a 'successful' terrorist attack, because the
> PURPOSE of a terrorist attack is to generate TERROR, and they didn't
> accomplish that (as they did in Spain). If the purpose were to kill
> 40 people, then yes they would have succeeded. But the deaths are a
> MEANS to the desired goal, which the terrorists did not achieve -- the
> UK is not 'terrified.'

Concession that the 9-11 attacks were indeed successful noted.

> You are inherently intellectually dishonest, like so many other
> Leftists.

And you're a blithering idiot, like so many other idiots who are incapable
of processing a point of view without first labelling it with some tag that
you consider perjorative.

When the US learns how to actually think, maybe we'll start growing again.
Right now, we're just trying to figure out how to cross the Rubicon.

--
John Henry
alt.usenet.kooks Hammer of Thor - May 2005
NEW site! www.lowgenius.NET
July 11, 2005 9:53:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:53:57 -0000, John Henry
<jhd@NOSPAMinsurgent.orgNOSPAM> wrote:

>TLG <none@none.com> wrote in news:hv33d1df8odviobdf6ifk6vg0uqoqlgfeg@
>4ax.com:
>
>> 40 people dead ISN'T a 'successful' terrorist attack, because the
>> PURPOSE of a terrorist attack is to generate TERROR, and they didn't
>> accomplish that (as they did in Spain). If the purpose were to kill
>> 40 people, then yes they would have succeeded. But the deaths are a
>> MEANS to the desired goal, which the terrorists did not achieve -- the
>> UK is not 'terrified.'
>
>Concession that the 9-11 attacks were indeed successful noted.

Who ever said it wasn't? 9-11 went far beyond what the terrorists
hoped for. Certainly successful from their point of view.

Do recall the "waking a sleeping giant" quote from WWII, though.
Nothing has changed since then.

>> You are inherently intellectually dishonest, like so many other
>> Leftists.
>
>And you're a blithering idiot, like so many other idiots who are incapable
>of processing a point of view without first labelling it with some tag that
>you consider perjorative.

He said "like so many other leftists". Not pejorative at all. He
categorized and ideology.

>When the US learns how to actually think, maybe we'll start growing again.
>Right now, we're just trying to figure out how to cross the Rubicon.

LOL. We are growing in leaps and bounds...just need to STOP growing so
much and we'll be fine.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 1:36:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.sport.football.college,alt.impeach.bush (More info?)

JustForFun <justforfun69@bellsouth.net> wrote in
news:4h44d1tuimh3usotv5die19dsnibbggb3n@4ax.com:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:53:57 -0000, John Henry
> <jhd@NOSPAMinsurgent.orgNOSPAM> wrote:
>
>>TLG <none@none.com> wrote in news:hv33d1df8odviobdf6ifk6vg0uqoqlgfeg@
>>4ax.com:
>>
>>> 40 people dead ISN'T a 'successful' terrorist attack, because the
>>> PURPOSE of a terrorist attack is to generate TERROR, and they didn't
>>> accomplish that (as they did in Spain). If the purpose were to kill
>>> 40 people, then yes they would have succeeded. But the deaths are a
>>> MEANS to the desired goal, which the terrorists did not achieve --
>>> the UK is not 'terrified.'
>>
>>Concession that the 9-11 attacks were indeed successful noted.
>
> Who ever said it wasn't? 9-11 went far beyond what the terrorists
> hoped for. Certainly successful from their point of view.
>
> Do recall the "waking a sleeping giant" quote from WWII, though.
> Nothing has changed since then.

Indeed.

>>> You are inherently intellectually dishonest, like so many other
>>> Leftists.
>>
>>And you're a blithering idiot, like so many other idiots who are
>>incapable of processing a point of view without first labelling it
>>with some tag that you consider perjorative.
>
> He said "like so many other leftists". Not pejorative at all. He
> categorized and ideology.

I suggest you re-read the quoted passage, unless you're being
deliberately obtuse. Or do you not consider 'inherently intellectually
dishonest' to be an insult?

>>When the US learns how to actually think, maybe we'll start growing
>>again. Right now, we're just trying to figure out how to cross the
>>Rubicon.
>
> LOL. We are growing in leaps and bounds...just need to STOP growing so
> much and we'll be fine.

There are many kinds of growth.
--
John Henry
alt.usenet.kooks Hammer of Thor - May 2005
NEW site! www.lowgenius.NET
!