Games on my PC won't start!

simpsonfreak

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hi. I recently got a lot of new games on my PC, and I was really excited to play them. They all worked fine for a while. TF2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect Trilogy, and all the classics that you need. Now, for some reason, very few of those games launch at all. When I click either the TF2 icon or the play button in Steam, the Preparing to Launch screen shows up for a split second and vanishes. The processes are shown in the Task Manager as running, and Steam treats it like it's closed. The same thing happens with Far Cry 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Origin also does this with the Mass Effects and Dragon Ages. I'll click Play, and it will show a loading screen for a second, and then nothing. The games are in the Task Manager, and Origin treats them as running (Ex: It won't let me quit or log out because the games are supposedly running.) I've updated all my drivers, as well as the games and Steam and Origin. I'm really worried and sad because I have all these games that I can't play. Please help!!!!!!

Also, my operating system is Windows 7 Professional OEM, and my specs are below.

CPU: i7 3770K
Mobo: ASRock Extreme4
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW Edition
Storage: 256 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD and 3 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Monitor: 23" AOC IPS 1080p Display

Thanks for any help and replies!

simpsonfreak

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I was thinking about that actually. I've called both their supports and neither of them has helped me, plus, I bought all of these games with my own money, so I have the right to torrent them to work. I didn't know what the ethical right or wrong was in this situation, but thank you for helping. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

simpsonfreak

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

After I restarted, the games all seemed to work, but after launching Far Cry 2, they all stop launching again. I've tried verifying the cache files for FC2, but Steam just crashes every time. Should I delete it and reinstall, or is there something else I should do?

cnawodya

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
I think problem is with your Steam and GFWL,Try this

Delete all previous installations of GFWL and clean the registry. (ccleaner is a good program that will do this)

Download gfwlivesetupmin.exe (28 Mb), from http://www.shacknews.com/file/18176/games-for-windows-live-client-v33

Install the client and run it. It will ask you to download an update (624 Kb) called gfwlivesetup.exe by clicking the requested link. Install it.

Launch GFWLive.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE\Client..

simpsonfreak

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

What if I don't have GFWL? Origin is the main problem other than Steam. Is there a compatible program to gfwlivesetupmin.exe for Origin? And additionally, how do I clean the registry. Is it the same as the %TEMP% thing that was posted above?

TRENDING THREADS