Skyrim keeps crashing when i try to save

Temprence

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
i'm playing on my computer and I'm on a quest in Dawnstar and when i save right after the quest is done it crashes. i've restarted my computer 3 times and now i dont know what to do. does anyone have any ideas?

Solution
Hi had same problem with vaermina quest. Found solution on internet. This is what to do. Don't drink potion or do the dream part of the quest at all. Delete any saved game that has this part of the quest in. Walk back to the mystic barrier with eradur. Open console type tcl then close. This toggles off collision command which stops character walking through walls and floors. Then immediately walk through mystic barrier and pick up soul gem. this completes the dream part of the quest without the glitch forming. Open up console again and type tcl again. This will toggle collision back on so you can play the game properly. Carry on without any problems. Obviously a bit of gameplay action is lost because all priests and orcs have...

sb704

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Any save or auto-save after opening the Barrier in the Dark Tower above Dawnstar causes a crash-to-desktop in my game. I've found no way to get past this bug. Also the game will randomly crash after this point during combat or anywhere an autosave would normally be triggered.

skorziks

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

What he said. Run that quest without saving until you are out in nightcaller temple, travel elsewhere and you should be able to save. It's a bug in the Waking Nightmare(or whatever that daedric quest in nightcaller temple is called) when trying to save at certain points toward the end of the quest.

skorziks

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Run that quest bad dreams quest from after you release the miasma in the dreamstate without saving until you are out of nightcaller temple, travel elsewhere and you should be able to save. It's a bug in the Waking Nightmare(or whatever that daedric quest in nightcaller temple is called) when trying to save at certain points toward the end of the quest.

monaelysia

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hi had same problem with vaermina quest. Found solution on internet. This is what to do. Don't drink potion or do the dream part of the quest at all. Delete any saved game that has this part of the quest in. Walk back to the mystic barrier with eradur. Open console type tcl then close. This toggles off collision command which stops character walking through walls and floors. Then immediately walk through mystic barrier and pick up soul gem. this completes the dream part of the quest without the glitch forming. Open up console again and type tcl again. This will toggle collision back on so you can play the game properly. Carry on without any problems. Obviously a bit of gameplay action is lost because all priests and orcs have disappeared except for the 2 priests guarding the skull. But worth it to avoid the teeth gnashing angst.

Solution