I just bought a Vantec Aeroflow

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I just bought a Vantec Aeroflow and this cooler is awesome. Im running an 1800+ overclocked to a 2000+ on an a7n8x. I was using a cheap compusa heatsink/fan *i know, laugh at me. Anyways, this thing is really quiet and dropped my temps by 15C idle and 20C under load. It's amazing. Just wanted to post my positive review about this =)

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Its not really that loud, I'd put it on par with a stock hsf as far as loudness, but the fan is spinng 5400 RPM!. It was relatively easy to put on, came pre-assembled, took a total of 5 minutes to put on. I really like it so far.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
i actually find mine loud to tell the truth, but maybe i'm just critical (and I find it bareable when at 7V)... its good, pretty damn good for the price actually, but not great

<b>people are only idiots when they don't realize - when they do it just gets funnier, like a dog chasing its own tail, or like george bush's public address(es)</b>

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
im jus using whatever came with the heatsink. I think the artic silver stuff is overrated, but that's just my personal opinion. I have a feeling the radio shack stuff, the stuff that came with this, and the artic silver, if ya applied to 3 identical machines and didnt know which was which, you couldn't tell the differance.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yep... thats about right, especially as thermal paste should be applied in the THINNEST POSSIBLE LAYER.

i believe the main difference with higher quality pastes is that they last longer without drying out.

<b>Damn War! I'm too young to watch other people die!</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>

gebbly

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
"last longer without drying out"

Does that mean every so often you remove the HSF, remove the dried up paste and then re-apply fresh?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well if you remove the heatsink you should reapply anyway, to make sure there are no spots that arnt covered.

but u really dont have to worry about it drying out unless you leave it on undisturbed for years.

<b>Damn War! I'm too young to watch other people die!</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>

Actually I asked that question because I've been testing the different compounds for myself, and properly applied I've seen Artic Silver III repeatedly give at least a 4c drop in temps over the standard compounds, by using the same cooling fan on different heatsinks to be fair. Thats why I will remove the compound shipped on the Aero and use Artic Silver III.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>