MSI K7N2-L ATX vs SOLTEK 75FRN-L

deee12

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Im want a good inexpensive Nforce 2 Mobo For either a XP 2600+ or 2700+ and Hope to get a decent Air cooled Overclock.I like alot of what Ive heard about the MSI Board But some reviews mention it did not unlock the Cpu...is this True?? Or do Updated Bios Fix that Problem? Also... which Board should I buy btw these 2 I want a very stable system and decent overclock...but not into anything too extreme.

deee12

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Can't anyone tell me which is the prefered Board here for the Money? And if the Msi k7n2-L unloacks the chip with new bios or if the board has problems in this regard...THX for helpfull replies in advance.

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
Sure the MSI unlocks the multiplier. I picked up the MSI but had some trouble, so I returned it. Mind you I'm not nocking the board, that's just my personal experience.

The soltek looks very tempting, I think I'm going to end up picking that one up instead. Read some of the reviews on www.newegg.com.

<font color=purple><i>If I had a notch on my belt for every PC I'd destroyed, I'd have a really crappy looking belt</i></font color=purple>

Apap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Forget those boards, get the Epox 8RDA+,good price,rock solid,overclocks like a dream, and the newer ones have the c1 stepping northbridge OCs even better.

system spec or witty quote , still thinking.....