AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

CPU Speed:
3.37 GHz

System Memory:8GB

Video Card Model:
AMD Radeon HD 6970

Video Card Memory:2 GB

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3

I've been having disgustingly low performance in all games since last week.

For example in WoW fps often drops to 10-15 for a couple of seconds and goes back to normal, then drops to 10 fps again.

I tried every single game and the results are all the same.I'm getting extremely low fps even in Deus Ex:HR.

I was using AMD 12/10 drivers then rolled back to 12/8.It didn't fix the problem.I ran some CPU tests with OCCTPT and found no errors.

My GPU activity is around 59% and CPU temperature is around 57 degrees when I'm playing Battlefield 3 but fps is around 10.

I tried lowering all settings, it didn't matter.

I formatted my HDD and re-installed windows two times.

I'm clueless right now, i'd appreciate any help.

And oh, this started happening a couple of days after I upgraded to Windows 8 (64 bit)

More about : strange problem

November 19, 2012 2:37:54 PM

Some more info

Programs running in the background:

AMD CCC

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Realtek HD audio manager

The weird thing is that this doesn't happen all the time.It happens quite often but sometimes it just stops and i get 50-55 fps in battlefield 3 again with ultra settings.
November 19, 2012 2:50:55 PM

You think one of my ram sticks is failing? It's the only thing I haven't tested yet.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 3:01:44 PM

Looks more like a GPU burning up really.When the Temps on a GPU reach a certain number the GPU downclocks itself to cooldown.Get HWmonitor and run it then run the game.HWmonitor will record your maximum temperature.
It can be a case of poor air flow in the case or the GPU fans are broken,check if they are running.
It wouldnt be a bad idea to check your ran using memtest86+.
It could also be that your HDD has alot of bad sectors and when it tries to acess those the performance slowsdown.You can't fix bad sectors as far as I know but you can use another HDD and try it out.
Make sure your GPU Pci-e connector are well connected to the GPU.
Lastly you can open the computer case and get a huge fan on maximum speed pointed directly to the computer and check if the hangs still occur.

My guess is an overheating GPU dropping performance to rid itself of the heat.
November 19, 2012 3:07:13 PM

blacknemesist said:
Looks more like a GPU burning up really.When the Temps on a GPU reach a certain number the GPU downclocks itself to cooldown.Get HWmonitor and run it then run the game.HWmonitor will record your maximum temperature.
It can be a case of poor air flow in the case or the GPU fans are broken,check if they are running.
It wouldnt be a bad idea to check your ran using memtest86+.
It could also be that your HDD has alot of bad sectors and when it tries to acess those the performance slowsdown.You can't fix bad sectors as far as I know but you can use another HDD and try it out.
Make sure your GPU Pci-e connector are well connected to the GPU.
Lastly you can open the computer case and get a huge fan on maximum speed pointed directly to the computer and check if the hangs still occur.

My guess is an overheating GPU dropping performance to rid itself of the heat.

Hi

My old HDD was failing and I replaced it and i ran crystaldiscinfo and it found no problems.

Here, maybe this graph could help.

November 19, 2012 3:10:02 PM

Highest CPU temperature I've experienced is around 70 degrees.Normally it's like 63-69 degrees.
November 19, 2012 3:16:01 PM

Whoops I thought you meant CPU.I think the GPU fans are fine.I override fan speeds all the time and run 'em at 75 %
November 19, 2012 4:16:18 PM

I just tested it again in WoW.Still encountering random freezes.

GPU activity was around 40% and temperature was around 49-52 degrees.

I overclocked the GPU to find out if it was really downclocking itself.

!