Sign in with
Your question

Windows explorer resets

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2010 7:37:46 PM

When I installed win7 and started uploading pictures to my website for the first time, there were 2 requests asking to download some protocol programs or something (I didn’t pay attention) and went about my way with no problems. Now that I have reinstalled win7, the same deal with the protocols, but this time I accidentally hit the NO button on one of the programs. Now every time I upload pictures, windows explorer comes up normal with the folder settings ‘Pictures’ showing everything as Large Icons just like it always did but when I return to upload the next picture the folder defaults to ‘Details” and I have to resize the folder and set it back to Large Icons” every time. I figure this is happening because I didn’t download that second protocol. What were those protocols’ and where do I find them or do I have to reinstall win7 again?
Also when I delete something it doesn’t always get removed unless I refresh. What’s with that?
October 31, 2010 9:03:40 AM

IMHO, it is the default setting and can be changed only through the registry.
m
l
November 2, 2010 7:11:29 PM

babaagr said:
IMHO, it is the default setting and can be changed only through the registry.

Thanks for the reply. I've updated my message:
When I installed win7 and started uploading pictures to my website for the first time, there were 2 requests asking to download some protocol programs or something (I didn’t pay attention) and went about my way with no problems. Now that I have reinstalled win7, the same deal with the protocols, but this time I accidentally hit the NO button on one of the programs. Now every time I upload pictures, windows explorer comes up normal with the folder settings ‘Pictures’ showing everything as Large Icons just like it always did but when I return to upload the next picture the folder defaults to ‘Details” and I have to resize the folder and set it back to Large Icons” every time. I figure this is happening because I didn’t download that second protocol. What were those protocols’ and where do I find them or do I have to reinstall win7 again?

Also when I delete something it doesn’t always get removed unless I refresh. What’s with that?

m
l
!