Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hitman Absolution having bad performance on my PC

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 20, 2012 2:16:31 AM

So I have started playing Hitman Absolution today after pre ordering on steam and I am getting fairly low fps (20 - 30) whilst playing on medium settings even though my PC can run most games at max or close to max settings easily. I'm wondering whether this is a problem other people are encountering or is it just me. I have updated to the most recent graphics card drivers and that hasn't fixed it so I'm not sure what else to do but play the game on lower settings. if someone has some insight into my problem it would be much appreciated.

My PC specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 2500k

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC

Ram: 8gb's
November 20, 2012 3:11:59 AM

hi

i also have bad performance with the game and i have a rather high end PC, appareantly theres a driver out tomorrow to fix the performance issue, this is on NVIDIAs site, not sure with AMD
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 5:57:38 AM

It is launch day , so was kinda expecting this.
Im sure NVIDIA will fix it relatively quickly as they always do, not sure whats happening with AMD side of things
(soo close to AC3 & FARCRY 3 Launch day)

PC Specs

CPU : i7 2600
GPU : GTX 680 SLI 4G (310.54 Beta Drivers)
RAM : 16 GIG

Currently benchmarking on ULTRA preset, 8xMSAA & everything set to max

40fps (average)@ 1920 x 1080 /120hz
20fps (average) @ 1920 x 1080 3D VISION
22fps (average) @ 2560 x 1600 /60hz
m
0
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 6:03:41 AM

jjmorrison said:
hi

i also have bad performance with the game and i have a rather high end PC, appareantly theres a driver out tomorrow to fix the performance issue, this is on NVIDIAs site, not sure with AMD



Check the AMD sites for driver updates. If NVIDIA is releasing drivers fixes, AMD can't be too far behind. Hitman Absolution is a pretty big success so far. There'll definitely be a lot of fixes coming out.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 9:37:15 AM

Thanks for posting those benchmarks - I'll be interested to see what framerates people are getting after the driver update.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 10:22:05 AM

yeah getting quite low FPS for me as well, my machine is not new but I would think it should run decently

CPU: i7 980X
GPU: 690 GTX quad sli (306.97 driver)
RAM: 12GB

My setting is on Ultra with 8x MSAA.

I only get 26 average fps and bad lags when loading new level maps.

Hopefully there would be a new driver soon...
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 10:46:18 AM

actually.... I just found and installed the new driver 310.61 beta

Same settings and now my average fps is 70
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 10:49:41 AM

Alright looks like I'll hold off playing this until I upgrade. Thought that would be the case anyway. At least Dishonoured and Black Ops 2 won't be too demanding :-)
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 11:24:21 AM

@1920/1080 you dont need any more than x4 msaa turn the aa settings down and you will get a substantial boost in perfomance.. and you wont be able to tell the difference other than more fps...
8xmsaa is only for playing at low rez on high rez screens. the bigger the screen in dot pitch the more msaa but on a 24-27inch 1920/1080 screen you only need a max of x4 and on a 24 inch 2560/1400 screen you will need all of x2 msaa. you have the hardware best get the best out of it.

if you have a 560 you should be able to max it out andf get 30 fps minimum if you dont use aa
a 670 should give 60 with x4 aa. yes its a bit on the demanding side but its not a pc breaker.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 4:46:28 PM

crazychink said:
actually.... I just found and installed the new driver 310.61 beta

Same settings and now my average fps is 70



Ill try that new driver out *sounds awesome* busting to get this game to 60fps + minimum
absolutely gorgeous graphics as is now

I want Hitman in 3D after playing batman arkham city 32xcsaa,
max settings & in 3D not long ago . Probably one of best 3D titles i have played.

Was always addicted to clarity (quality) and fast game play (performance)
staring at 2560 x 1600 is stunning, i dont want to go back
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 5:03:03 PM

PAWNSTAR said:
....Was always addicted to clarity (quality) and fast game play (performance)
staring at 2560 x 1600 is stunning, i dont want to go back


Same goes for me, I can't stand playing games in low graphics setting.

Also, even after this latest beta driver I still get bad lag spikes when it loads maps. Eg.opening doors or game cutting between cinematics and gameplay. Otherwise it runs more smooth than the old driver.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 5:55:46 PM

crazychink said:
actually.... I just found and installed the new driver 310.61 beta

Same settings and now my average fps is 70


crazychink said:
Same goes for me, I can't stand playing games in low graphics setting.

Also, even after this latest beta driver I still get bad lag spikes when it loads maps. Eg.opening doors or game cutting between cinematics and gameplay. Otherwise it runs more smooth than the old driver.


Thankyou Crazychink,
That new beta driver put me into the 55-75fps mark , now i can start playing !!
ill test loading times out later today, but my old i7 2600 and ssd drive should be able to keep up

wow the game looks incredible, it looks like the back of the cover.... the way the producers intended for us to play
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 7:18:44 PM

crazychink said:
yeah getting quite low FPS for me as well, my machine is not new but I would think it should run decently

CPU: i7 980X
GPU: 690 GTX quad sli (306.97 driver)
RAM: 12GB

My setting is on Ultra with 8x MSAA.

I only get 26 average fps and bad lags when loading new level maps.

Hopefully there would be a new driver soon...


Do you seriously have 4 GTX690s?....Or are you saying "quad SLI" because each 690 has dual GPUs and you have 2.(which is still crazy!!)
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 7:59:30 PM

It would be 2 GTX 690s = 4 GPUs = Quad SLI. 8 way SLI isn't supported at all in the Nvidia drivers, so buying 4 GTX 690s isn't going to do anyone any good.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 10:11:03 PM

Supernova1138 said:
It would be 2 GTX 690s = 4 GPUs = Quad SLI. 8 way SLI isn't supported at all in the Nvidia drivers, so buying 4 GTX 690s isn't going to do anyone any good.


yes, I have 2 GTX 690s since that's the max you can connect together.
m
0
l
November 21, 2012 8:58:28 AM

PAWNSTAR said:
...
ill test loading times out later today, but my old i7 2600 and ssd drive should be able to keep up...


Yeah can you test it out and let me know how it went because I am not sure why I lag at map loading. Never thought it would be an issue.

m
0
l
November 21, 2012 10:18:21 AM

Alright i've done some benchmarking , before i stated 70 fps average. which is entirely untrue. I was in game playing at the time to test the game, after playing a level or 2 I do get massive spikes in loading and frame rate drops.. this game i can add to the pile of games that if ran at the highest settings WILL drop me below the the 60 fps mark eg. batman arkham city, metro 2033 & Sleeping Dogs @ 2560 x 1600. however Hitman Absolution puts me under the 60fps @ 1920 x 1080. I m pretty sure overtime it will be worked on , patch up , optimized.

as for your crystaldiskmark please dont laugh at my setup :

i7 2600 3.4-3.8 (Non K) stock

Crystaldismark :
SEQ READ: 488.5 WRITE : 322.1
512K READ 333.9 WRITE 296.9
4K READ 20.75 WRITE 77.73
4K READ 303.0 WRITE 116.5
QD32

m
0
l
November 21, 2012 10:23:10 AM

HITMAN ABSOLUTION BENCHMARK : ULTRA PRESET , MAX SETTINGS @ 1920 x 1080

8xMSAA
Min: 35
Max:50
avg:41

4xMSAA
Min : 44
Max : 99
avg :53

2xMSAA
Min :53
Max : 77
Avg : 60

0xMSAA
Min : 52
Max : 81
Avg : 63

So looking at this chart , I would put hitman back on the shelf until shes optimized and tweaked with. which im not fussed about as i got alot of games to play. difference in MSAA I noticed x8 and x2 @ that resolution , x8 & x4 i could have mistaken it for eachother.

The game itself is beautifully rendered and eye candy to the max at x8 MSAA & Max settings but if Hitman put 680 SLI at its knees, whats CRYSIS 3 & FAR CRY 3 going to do :( 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW if you can try BATMAN ARKHAM CITY in DX11 MAX SETTINGS, MAX PHYSX @ 1920 x 1080 with 3D VISION ON

the scene where catwoman is in the safe and all the dollar bills are flying around i would say that would crap out any computer. .. but quad gpu might stand a chance.
m
0
l
November 21, 2012 10:41:48 AM

glad to see you took the advice and it turned out to be true you really cant tell the difference between x8 and x4 msaa when you get up to 1920/1080 rez
if you were using a smaller monitor with the 2560/1400 you could drop it to x2 but that would depend on the dot pitch of the monitor as to how noticeable the difference was... but the truth of it is 1s you start moving about the msaa or lack of becomes less noticeable. but hey im just glad you listened and tried it out and saw for yourself instead of just taking my word for it... because in doing so you learned something about your pc's hardware capabilities.
as for batman make sure you apply the fix where you delete a couple of ini files from the saves folder. it will bost fps by a huge amount. search the forum for the topic (sorry i cant remeber its full name) but its something along the lines of does this fix work for batman.
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 12:51:31 PM

PAWNSTAR said:
HITMAN ABSOLUTION BENCHMARK : ULTRA PRESET , MAX SETTINGS @ 1920 x 1080

8xMSAA
Min: 35
Max:50
avg:41

4xMSAA
Min : 44
Max : 99
avg :53

2xMSAA
Min :53
Max : 77
Avg : 60

0xMSAA
Min : 52
Max : 81
Avg : 63

So looking at this chart , I would put hitman back on the shelf until shes optimized and tweaked with. which im not fussed about as i got alot of games to play. difference in MSAA I noticed x8 and x2 @ that resolution , x8 & x4 i could have mistaken it for eachother.

The game itself is beautifully rendered and eye candy to the max at x8 MSAA & Max settings but if Hitman put 680 SLI at its knees, whats CRYSIS 3 & FAR CRY 3 going to do :( 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW if you can try BATMAN ARKHAM CITY in DX11 MAX SETTINGS, MAX PHYSX @ 1920 x 1080 with 3D VISION ON

the scene where catwoman is in the safe and all the dollar bills are flying around i would say that would crap out any computer. .. but quad gpu might stand a chance.



Dude you must have something else going on, my single GTX680 has no problem with Hitman maxed out avg 68FPS. Unless you think 70FPS is un playable or something.
Also games are made different it is possible to have a better looking game use less horsepower. Depends on developers.
m
0
l
November 27, 2012 2:16:07 PM

volcom4c said:
Dude you must have something else going on, my single GTX680 has no problem with Hitman maxed out avg 68FPS. Unless you think 70FPS is un playable or something.
Also games are made different it is possible to have a better looking game use less horsepower. Depends on developers.



Nah finished the game a while back, time to go purist mode. I wasnt complaining about it, i know and experienced crazychinks problem of like a loading time between mission objectives which makes the game dips in fps which isnt really much of an issue.

but going from 8x msaa to 2x msaa is very noticeble for me as i play in 3D or the choice of playing at 2560x1600 and want everything to pop and be sharp, obviously above stats are the benchmark scores on my system and the game itself isnt that harsh.

in 3D i found the combination of 2xmsaa was smoothish.

P.S can you please post benchmark score from in game (volcom4c)

1920 x 1080 ULTRA SETTINGS, x 8 MSAA
I may have a problem then with my SLI setup
m
0
l
November 29, 2012 11:37:26 AM

I got a question. im running this game on 1920 x 1080 with a saphire 7970 with ccc on super sampling .and i run the benchmark on ultra with AA 4x and i get avrage fps 29...is this normal for my setup?

amd 1090t 4ghz
ram 2x2 2000mhz
m
0
l
November 30, 2012 4:56:59 PM

PAWNSTAR said:
Nah finished the game a while back, time to go purist mode. I wasnt complaining about it, i know and experienced crazychinks problem of like a loading time between mission objectives which makes the game dips in fps which isnt really much of an issue.

but going from 8x msaa to 2x msaa is very noticeble for me as i play in 3D or the choice of playing at 2560x1600 and want everything to pop and be sharp, obviously above stats are the benchmark scores on my system and the game itself isnt that harsh.

in 3D i found the combination of 2xmsaa was smoothish.

P.S can you please post benchmark score from in game (volcom4c)

1920 x 1080 ULTRA SETTINGS, x 8 MSAA
I may have a problem then with my SLI setup


I need to install Precision X again tonight and I'll try to remember to get a screen with benchmarks for you.
m
0
l
!