Cpu VCore

How I can be able to cut the VCore voltage to the CPU (P4) for a period of time (when booting up) and re enable it after a delay of time. I need this so the cooler can cool my CPU before I turn it on.

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about vcore
  1. If your CPU is off there won't be a VCore. As soon as you turn it on there will be and turning it off means turning off your entire CPU and therefore your PCs functionality.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:
  2. Hi there,

Thanks for the asnwer, but what exactly I need to know is there any way I can shut down the CPU power with the main PSU running and motherboard in continualy reset until I release the CPU to start up.
  3. Well instead of using a normal reset switch you can try using one that stays closed after pressing it so your motherboards stays resetting... but I dunno if this will shut-off the CPUs power.

Another way will mean serious modding on your motherboard and I have no idea if that would eventually work without destroying your components.

Why do you want such a system?

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:
  4. There is something out there I've seen that plugs a small chip into your mainboard plug and keeps the system in continual reset until a desired temp is reached. It has a thermistor attached so when it gets to whatever temp you want, it brings it out of the loop.

For those of you who don't know, this is common if someone is using a compressor to cool their CPU. This lowers the CPU temp to around -45C so the chip doesn't cook when you crank your 3.06 to 4.2 right from a normal start.

Though, I must say, compressors are big, bulky, and practical if you are never going to move your computer. Ever. Frankly, I don't think the performance gain is worth it.

XP 2500+ Barton @ 2241Mhz
    A7N8X Dlx
    2x512MB Corsair PC3200
    MSI GF3Ti 500
    16x DVD-ROM
    2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
    Onboard audio
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Overclocking