V265: AVOID THIS PHONE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

Last response: in Network Providers
April 30, 2005 3:39:48 AM

Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on the
whole sorry mess.

The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.

Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There was
a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same problem.
The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning (after
being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this problem.

Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue and
saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and loss of
use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers have
gotten calls about this issue as well.

So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.
April 30, 2005 3:39:49 AM

Gawd! It's only a PHONE!

"Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
> the
> whole sorry mess.
>
> The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
> mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
>
> Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
> was
> a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same problem.
> The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> (after
> being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this problem.
>
> Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue and
> saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and loss
> of
> use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
> have
> gotten calls about this issue as well.
>
> So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 4:35:11 AM

"Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
> the
> whole sorry mess.
>
> The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
> mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
>
> Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
> was
> a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same problem.
> The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> (after
> being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this problem.
>
> Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue and
> saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and loss
> of
> use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
> have
> gotten calls about this issue as well.
>
> So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

This is a big shuck, right? You're a senior executive with LG or Nokia?
April 30, 2005 7:42:47 AM

Chugach wrote:

> Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on the
> whole sorry mess.
>
> The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
> mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
>
> Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There was
> a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same problem.
> The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning (after
> being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this problem.
>
> Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue and
> saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and loss of
> use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers have
> gotten calls about this issue as well.
>
> So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

This post sounds like a real troll!
"The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends." Yeah right.
"permits dust to accumulate"????????????? The ear piece of any phone is simply
a small speaker under some holes. The mouth piece is similar. ALL phones are
like this.

I've had a V265 since November 2004 and experienced NO loss of volume at either
end.

I do not work gor vzw or moto nor do I own any of their stocks.

LB
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 9:04:23 AM

Every word I posted is true. This phone is prolly weeks away from being
recalled. My dealer is speaking to his Verizon rep about the whole
situation.

"Patrick Cleburne" <reb@_rebyell.xcom> wrote in message
> "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
> > the
> > whole sorry mess.
> >
> > The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
and
> > mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
> >
> > Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> > field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
> > was
> > a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same
problem.
> > The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> > (after
> > being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> > replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this
problem.

> > Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue
and
> > saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and
loss
> > of
> > use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> > pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
> > have
> > gotten calls about this issue as well.
> >
> > So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.
>

> This is a big shuck, right? You're a senior executive with LG or Nokia?

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 9:06:31 AM

Good that you feel that way! Go stand in line at a Verizon Service Center
for an hour. Enjoy not being able to hear the person you called or is
calling you. Enjoy not being able to use a service you pay for! Moron.

"Frankster" <Frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
> Gawd! It's only a PHONE!
>
> "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
> > the
> > whole sorry mess.
> >
> > The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
and
> > mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
> >
> > Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> > field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
> > was
> > a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same
problem.
> > The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> > (after
> > being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> > replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this
problem.

> > Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue
and
> > saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and
loss
> > of
> > use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> > pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
> > have
> > gotten calls about this issue as well.
> >
> > So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:24:28 PM

Motorola has had, I'm not sure if they still do because I no longer work in
the VZW store, a persistent problem with their charging systems. The
charging ports were (are?) prone to fail faster than do most charging ports
of most phones. Even when they came out with newer models, they kept the
same charging system, and the customers kept coming back with the same
problem, over and over.

e-tech

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:24:29 PM

Anyone know if the replacement phones really fix the problem? Or should
users be asking for a different model? I don't mind getting a replacement;
mine has worked well, but my rep tells me it is eligible for replacement. A
new phone would be nice, but I don't want to have a problem down the road.

"ex-tech" <kemanospam@capecod.net> wrote in message

> Motorola has had, I'm not sure if they still do because I no longer work
> in the VZW store, a persistent problem with their charging systems. The
> charging ports were (are?) prone to fail faster than do most charging
> ports of most phones. Even when they came out with newer models, they
> kept the same charging system, and the customers kept coming back with the
> same problem, over and over.
>
> e-tech

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 6:00:16 PM

To elaborate further, the Tech at Verizon proved his point about the
dust/dirt problem by explaining that if you press down on the earpiece with
your thumb/finger the volume of the person trying to talk to you would
increase. We tried that and it worked.

Really, I don't care if you believe me or not. All I'm doing is stating fact
that I've seen with my own two eyes. If no one else replies to back me up
then it looks like I'm a liar. Or, the average person who has this phone (it
was free after a $50 mail-in rebate) doesn't know about this newsgroup or
perhaps is not inclined to bother posting anything.

LB, do you keep your V265 in your pocket without a case? Because that's what
I did with mine.

I have nothing against Moto. More power to them. But when I'm forced to deal
with problems that should not have been there in the first place I point a
finger at the cause of it.

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:427336F7.9019E66C@optonline.net...
> Chugach wrote:
>
> > Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
the
> > whole sorry mess.
> >
> > The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
and
> > mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
> >
> > Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> > field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
was
> > a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same
problem.
> > The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
(after
> > being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> > replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this
problem.

> > Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue
and
> > saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and
loss of
> > use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> > pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
have
> > gotten calls about this issue as well.
> >
> > So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.
>
> This post sounds like a real troll!
> "The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
and
> mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends." Yeah right.
> "permits dust to accumulate"????????????? The ear piece of any phone is
simply
> a small speaker under some holes. The mouth piece is similar. ALL phones
are
> like this.
>
> I've had a V265 since November 2004 and experienced NO loss of volume at
either
> end.
>
> I do not work gor vzw or moto nor do I own any of their stocks.
>
> LB

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 6:58:20 PM

Wow. You should maybe wait in line an hour for a prozac. Calm down sport.
I'm expecting to hear stories of hours on with tech support, additional
hours fighting customer service, no return on the phone, no new phone to
give you, and all you're out is an hour in line?....and you got a new phone
without hassle? Have you driven in on an urban highway lately? Sorry, I can
be a pain in the ass about quality control myself but just how much dust can
you get in a phone in a month?

> Good that you feel that way! Go stand in line at a Verizon Service Center
> for an hour. Enjoy not being able to hear the person you called or is
> calling you. Enjoy not being able to use a service you pay for! Moron.
>

> "Frankster" <Frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
> > Gawd! It's only a PHONE!
> >
> > "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > > Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in
on
> > > the
> > > whole sorry mess.
> > >
> > > The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
> and
> > > mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
> > >
> > > Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever,
> > > field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out.
There
> > > was
> > > a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same
> problem.
> > > The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> > > (after
> > > being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight
after
> > > replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this
> problem.
> > >
> > > Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue
> and
> > > saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and
> loss
> > > of
> > > use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting
the
> > > pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon
dealers
> > > have
> > > gotten calls about this issue as well.
> > >
> > > So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

April 30, 2005 6:58:21 PM

> but just how much dust can you get in a phone in a month?

EXACTLY! There is something we don't know about this stupid story.

-Frank
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:09:12 PM

The Tech told me that being a design flaw the problem would continue to
reoccur. Really, if you can get a different model go for it. That's what my
rep is talking to his Verizon rep about. Good Luck!

"Wait" <waitfordialtone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if the replacement phones really fix the problem? Or should
> users be asking for a different model? I don't mind getting a replacement;
> mine has worked well, but my rep tells me it is eligible for replacement.
> new phone would be nice, but I don't want to have a problem down the road.
>
> "ex-tech" <kemanospam@capecod.net> wrote in message
> >

> > Motorola has had, I'm not sure if they still do because I no longer work
> > in the VZW store, a persistent problem with their charging systems. The
> > charging ports were (are?) prone to fail faster than do most charging
> > ports of most phones. Even when they came out with newer models, they
> > kept the same charging system, and the customers kept coming back with
the
> > same problem, over and over.
> >
> > e-tech

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:16:01 PM

I have no complaints with the Verizon Tech or ANY of the Verizon personnel
I've dealt with on this issue. They could not have been more courteous and
helpful. Yes, I asked them to copy the phone book and they did. The time
that was wasted was about 2 weeks worth of having to tell people calling me
to shout in their phone so I could hear them. Actually, kinda funny.

My point of all this is to inform, nothing else. It just irritates me to
see companies, any company, put out shoddy merchandise on an unsuspecting
public.

The new phone will have the same flaw according to the Tech. The only thing
that may help is getting the leather cover (my rep sent one to me yesterday)
and hopefully that will alleviate, possibly solve, the issue.

"George Orwell" <nobody@mixmaster.it> wrote in message
> In article <8Bzce.1853$xy.490@trnddc08>
> "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> They took it back, gave you a new one we presume and copied your phone
> book? Other than some time in line, what was wasted? How are you sure the
> new phone doesn't have the same flaw?

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:18:06 PM

Nope. Just stating facts. You can take 'em or leave 'em at your own
discretion.

"Patrick Cleburne" <reb@_rebyell.xcom> wrote in message
> "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
> > the
> > whole sorry mess.
> >
> > The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear
and
> > mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
> >
> > Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> > field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
> > was
> > a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same
problem.
> > The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
> > (after
> > being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> > replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this
problem.

> > Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue
and
> > saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and
loss
> > of
> > use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> > pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
> > have
> > gotten calls about this issue as well.
> >
> > So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.
>

> This is a big shuck, right? You're a senior executive with LG or Nokia?

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:30:19 PM

Maybe I'm pretty particular with my toys but I have phones up to 4 years old
that look like they just came from the box. Very little dust, dirt,
scratches etc. Then again, maybe in construction or similar occupation, the
opportunity is there. Who knows?

> > but just how much dust can you get in a phone in a month?
>
> EXACTLY! There is something we don't know about this stupid story.
>
> -Frank

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:42:45 PM

I kept my phone in my pocket, without a leather cover. It really lasted LESS
than five weeks because I waited a week before going to the store to see
about resolving the issue. Every time I opened it I always saw a lot of
dust. If this story is so stupid how come one of the other persons who
replied to my original post has stated that the phone is eleigible for
replacement?

Agian, time will tell. If the problem is as enormous as I think it is this
phone will be recalled. I'll post next week what my dealer hears back from
his Verizon rep about the situation. Fair enough Einstein?

"Frankster" <Frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
> > but just how much dust can you get in a phone in a month?
>
> EXACTLY! There is something we don't know about this stupid story.
>
> -Frank

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 10:16:06 AM

ex-tech wrote:

> Motorola has had, I'm not sure if they still do because I no longer work in
> the VZW store, a persistent problem with their charging systems. The
> charging ports were (are?) prone to fail faster than do most charging ports
> of most phones. Even when they came out with newer models, they kept the
> same charging system, and the customers kept coming back with the same
> problem, over and over.
>
> e-tech

Is that why my phone's battery seems to run down very quickly?
If so, then what are my options given that the phone is less than 6 months old?

TIA

LB
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:39:53 PM

"Wait" <waitfordialtone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if the replacement phones really fix the problem? Or should
> users be asking for a different model? I don't mind getting a replacement;
> mine has worked well, but my rep tells me it is eligible for replacement.
> A new phone would be nice, but I don't want to have a problem down the
> road.

Again, I formerly worked as a phone "technician" in a VZW store. For more
about my experiences, see my below (or above, depending how you have your
view set) post, "Before You Go to Work for Solectron"...

FRU (Field Replacement Unit phones, factory refurbished phones, the SAME
MAKE/MODEL as your original phone) phones are, generally, as good as, if not
better than the phones that are new out of the box. Of course, they bear
the dogma of being "used goods", or "somebody else's problem". More
accurately, since the FRU phones are re-assembled, the old plastics are
replaced, and only the internal parts, if they are not defective are
implanted into the new unit. HOWEVER, with a problem as chronic as
Motorola's charging port problem, even a brand-new charging port won't
reliably "fix" the phone, since even the new part itself is likely doomed to
failure.

If you absolutely hate the model of phone, for whatever reason, within
either 10 or 30 days of purchase (I forget which), you can, within the terms
of your contract, opt for a different make/model. But, after that, it can
be difficult (until you're 18 months into a contract, when you can "re-up")
to obtain a different make/model of phone, unless you don't mind paying
full-retail. As opposed to the time when you're eligible for "re-up", when
you can get the phone for nothing, or next to nothing.

ex-tech
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:52:45 PM

> Is that why my phone's battery seems to run down very quickly?
> If so, then what are my options given that the phone is less than 6 months
> old?

1) A battery running down quickly is likely (though, not surely) a bad
battery.

2) Depending on a number or variables:

a) The attitude of the people working in your VZW store
b) Your phone and/or battery being damaged or undamaged, damage
including water damage or corrosion
c) If the battery had already been replaced
d) The availability of the specific battery,

et.al...
....you may be able to have the battery replaced, free of charge. However,
protocol dictates that after standing in line, you'll probably have to drop
your phone off, it will be "diagnosed", and you'll have to pick it up later.
If all of the stars are aligned correctly, and if nobody's too hung over,
your phone will be "fixed".

The long and the short of it: if neither the phone or battery are damaged,
if your bill is paid, if the phone and battery are less than a year old, VZW
owes you a solution.

ex-tech
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:52:46 PM

ex-tech wrote:

> > Is that why my phone's battery seems to run down very quickly?
> > If so, then what are my options given that the phone is less than 6 months
> > old?
>
> 1) A battery running down quickly is likely (though, not surely) a bad
> battery.
>
> 2) Depending on a number or variables:
>
> a) The attitude of the people working in your VZW store
> b) Your phone and/or battery being damaged or undamaged, damage
> including water damage or corrosion
> c) If the battery had already been replaced
> d) The availability of the specific battery,
>
> et.al...
> ...you may be able to have the battery replaced, free of charge. However,
> protocol dictates that after standing in line, you'll probably have to drop
> your phone off, it will be "diagnosed", and you'll have to pick it up later.
> If all of the stars are aligned correctly, and if nobody's too hung over,
> your phone will be "fixed".
>
> The long and the short of it: if neither the phone or battery are damaged,
> if your bill is paid, if the phone and battery are less than a year old, VZW
> owes you a solution.
>
> ex-tech

Thank You.

LB
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:55:11 PM

How are you sure the
> new phone doesn't have the same flaw?

My experience as an ex-tech suggest that there is absolutely no assurance
that a FRU (Field Replacement Unit, aka Refurbished Unit) won't have the
same flaw.

But at least you'll have gone on record as having a problem with the phone,
and, will likely receive sympathetic treatment in the future.

ex-tech
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:59:08 PM

> Understood. However, my experinces with many tech toys is that they
> operate as designed and advertised seldom and problems are to be
> expected. Pessimist or skeptic aside, it seems to be the norm.

True. In this new era where everyone suddenly has a cell phone, people with
not much experience with tech-toys expect their cell phones to be as
reliable as their land-line phones. How wrong can they be.

The trade off: you can't take a land line with you wherever a go. You can
take a cell phone wherever you go, but sometime it works, sometimes it
doesn't, VZW (as well as EVERY cell phone company) propoganda be damned.

ex-tech
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 7:58:31 PM

I had to call VZ Tech Support because I was having problems with the new
phone (pic's I sent to Pix Place were not showing up there) and the two
Tech's (I made it to the level after the first one you get when you call)
told me the phone I had was a Refurbished Unit.

Turned out the problem was that I had never turned the phone off, then on
again (a reset) after they gave it to me. That corrected the issue and Pix
Place was then able to receive and display the pic's.

I'm keeping the phone wrapped in one of those plastic bags you get at the
grocery store (even when it's in my pocket) to keep the dust out. I also put
Scotch tape over the earpiece. These are temporary measures until I get the
leather cover in the mail from my rep (should be here tomorrow or Tuesday).

"ex-tech" <kbechernospam@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:p k4de.41595$_t3.25213@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> How are you sure the
> > new phone doesn't have the same flaw?
>
> My experience as an ex-tech suggest that there is absolutely no assurance
> that a FRU (Field Replacement Unit, aka Refurbished Unit) won't have the
> same flaw.
>
> But at least you'll have gone on record as having a problem with the
phone,
> and, will likely receive sympathetic treatment in the future.
>
> ex-tech

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 10:01:30 PM

ex-tech, thanks for the info.

> "Wait" <waitfordialtone@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know if the replacement phones really fix the problem? Or should
> > users be asking for a different model? I don't mind getting a
replacement;
> > mine has worked well, but my rep tells me it is eligible for
replacement.
> > A new phone would be nice, but I don't want to have a problem down the
> > road.
>
> Again, I formerly worked as a phone "technician" in a VZW store. For more
> about my experiences, see my below (or above, depending how you have your
> view set) post, "Before You Go to Work for Solectron"...
>
> FRU (Field Replacement Unit phones, factory refurbished phones, the SAME
> MAKE/MODEL as your original phone) phones are, generally, as good as, if
not
> better than the phones that are new out of the box. Of course, they bear
> the dogma of being "used goods", or "somebody else's problem". More
> accurately, since the FRU phones are re-assembled, the old plastics are
> replaced, and only the internal parts, if they are not defective are
> implanted into the new unit. HOWEVER, with a problem as chronic as
> Motorola's charging port problem, even a brand-new charging port won't
> reliably "fix" the phone, since even the new part itself is likely doomed
> failure.
>
> If you absolutely hate the model of phone, for whatever reason, within
> either 10 or 30 days of purchase (I forget which), you can, within the
terms
> of your contract, opt for a different make/model. But, after that, it can
> be difficult (until you're 18 months into a contract, when you can
"re-up")
> to obtain a different make/model of phone, unless you don't mind paying
> full-retail. As opposed to the time when you're eligible for "re-up",
when
> you can get the phone for nothing, or next to nothing.
>
> ex-tech

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:35:01 AM

This phone is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com

It's a piece of junk that should never have seen the light of day.

"Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just got back from a Verizon Service Center and the Tech filled me in on
the
> whole sorry mess.
>
> The V265 has a design flaw which permits dust to accumulate on the ear and
> mouth pieces causing loss of volume at both ends.
>
> Apparently neither Motorola, nor Verizon, took any time, whatsoever, to
> field test this model. Mine lasted five weeks before it went out. There
was
> a lady in front of me in line at the Service Center with the same problem.
> The Service Center received eleven brand new V265 phones this morning
(after
> being out of stock for weeks) and they have one phone left tonight after
> replacing existing defective phones. That is the enormity of this problem.
>
> Five freaking weeks of field testing would have identified this issue and
> saved thousands and thousands of Verizon customers the headaches and loss
of
> use they are experiencing right now. The Verizon Tech's are getting the
> pleasure of having to deal with irate customers and the Verizon dealers
have
> gotten calls about this issue as well.
>
> So, for the clowns at Motorola and Verizon, thanks a lot! Jerks.

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:26:28 PM

> This phone is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com
>
> It's a piece of junk that should never have seen the light of day.

Strange that so many people have had no problem with the phone at all,
including my wife and I
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:26:29 PM

Carl Keehn wrote:
> "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> This phone is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com
>>
>> It's a piece of junk that should never have seen the light of day.
>>

> Strange that so many people have had no problem with the phone at all,
> including my wife and I

Best phone I've ever had also.

May 13, 2005 6:58:01 AM

In the area where I live the Verizon office replaced eleven (11) V265 phones
in one (1) day.

Really, I'm not trying to knock Moto so much as a company in general but
prevent them, or any other **cough*reputable**cough company from unleashing
a piece of garbage on the public that I, and a lot of others, wound up with.
I'm glad your V265 works, but it's still no longer listed on Moto's website.

Currently, my Verizon rep gave me a leather case for it so I get to see if
it solves, or merely postpones, the trouble I had with my first V265.

> Carl Keehn wrote:
> > "Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> This phone is no longer even listed at www.motorola.com
> >>
> >> It's a piece of junk that should never have seen the light of day.
> >>

> > Strange that so many people have had no problem with the phone at all,
> > including my wife and I
>
> Best phone I've ever had also.

July 18, 2005 6:40:44 PM

"Chugach" <lvt2004@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> THIS PHONE IS NO LONGER EVEN LISTED AT WWW.MOTOROLA.COM
>>
>> It's a piece of junk that should never have seen the light of day.
>>

> Strange that so many people have had no problem with the phone at
all,
> including my wife and I

err... http://tinyurl.com/8qngj

mine works fine...